Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to install the hotbodies led flush mount turn signal and ran into some problem. First the signal didn't sit flush and its still loose even when I use a washer. The nut is a lot smaller then OEM one. Anyone who got it on their cbr250r Please help me

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I try to install the hotbodies led flush mount turn signal and ran into some problem. First the signal didn't sit flush and its still loose even when I use a washer. The nut is a lot smaller then OEM one. Anyone who got it on their cbr250r Please help me
Mine worked fine.

Provide pictures.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I wouldnt worry too hard...the first time you make a left in front of a vehicle that never even had a clue that you were about to make a turn in front of them and your flush mount turn signal being loose wont even concern you anymore

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine wasn't flush either, but I got another pair and I used the wedge from the extra pair. it worked fine but i should've bought proton flush kit instead.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wouldnt worry too hard...the first time you make a left in front of a vehicle that never even had a clue that you were about to make a turn in front of them and your flush mount turn signal being loose wont even concern you anymore
The amount of additional risk people will incur for vanity truly baffles me. I pulled up behind a bike a few weeks ago that had microscopic LED turn signals about 2 inches apart so far under its rear fender you couldn't even see them. I chuckled and thought, "what a tool..." Probably not the reaction he was hoping for, but maybe the high school school girls think differently.

·
Registered
192 Posts
^
Yep, that's what I was thinking, stock signals may not look as good as the flush ones but it looks better than having a crashed bike.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Flush mounts are hard to see, and even more difficult to follow behind.

My friend had them and it was just a PITA to follow him with them on.

They're a safety hazard. It's not worth it. I think the DRLs on the stalks and the Y-shaped fairing complement each other anyways.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'll have to post some pics when I get home from work, I got a set of those after doing a lot of reading about flush mounts. Reason I got them was my right indicator's been the focal point of impact on two occasions and is looking a little misaligned, so i went with flush because they were cheaper for two than a single OEM right indicator.

Now for those who are about to jump on the "but think of the danger" bandwagon, I also got myself a set of LED indicator mirrors as my left mirror stem is busted due to my recent highside and I had to remove it so it wouldn't be sitting there flopping about (and not being a practical mirror).

So I now have a twin set of indicators, mirrors and on the side of the front fairing. The flush mounts do look pretty epic, and the indicators look epic and provide a visible level of "hey I'm about to turn". Being LED, however, means they flash about 2x faster than stock, so I do have a relay on the way to fix those.

TL;DR: You will be very hard to see from the front with flush mounts. I have a set of mirror indicators with flush mounts to up my level of awesome. Pics soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts