Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What did you do to your stock bike to adapt it to your physical size and riding style? Without accessorizing.. that's a whole other subject.
I did (or had my dealer do) the following:

- Moved the clutch lever in .5CM so I can one finger clutch
- Adjusted the brake pedal down .5CM so I'm not constantly dragging the brake
- Tightened the pro-link suspension from '2' to '4' using the pin wrench since I frequently ride at max gross weight
- Removed the air filter cover to increase the sound signature for safety reasons​

·
Registered
681 Posts
I didn't know you could adjust the brake pedal. Is that in the manual?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I set the suspension from 2 to 3....and then adjusted the brake switch so i could use my foot to activate the brake light without actually braking (get people off my a$$)
Try as i might to be a 2 or 3 finger person, i am just gonna have to get used to the fact that i am a 4 finger clutch and brake lever guy

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know you could adjust the brake pedal. Is that in the manual?
Sorry, I don't know if its in the manual but I expect so. Full manual is available; search this site.
I had my dealer do the clutch and brake adjustment this time since its safety critical.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sorry, I don't know if its in the manual but I expect so. Full manual is available; search this site.
I had my dealer do the clutch and brake adjustment this time since its safety critical.
I have the PDF manual. I just don't recall seeing how to do the brake pedal adjustment in there. I know the clutch adjust info is in there though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the PDF manual. I just don't recall seeing how to do the brake pedal adjustment in there. I know the clutch adjust info is in there though.
FWIW, the U.S. Service manual shows a bolt and locknut for adjusting the brake pedal height in the 'Maintenance' section...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts