Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My membership anniversary has arrived and I've decided not to renew my Premium Membership. How do I go about cancelling the recurring billing? I can't find a link or anything on the site that explains how to do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the webmaster was useless.
How are you supposed to PM "administrator" when there's no option to enter that.
Guess they can just keep billing a closed account until they get tired of it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Then PM one of the moderators. MotoMike is here every day.
Mods have no control over subs. He is a mod of the forum and highly doubt he can do anything. If anything all he can do is contact the owner and bump the issue.

Ps: I find it really funny people pay these forums. :)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea...I never thought it was a good idea to do that, so I didn't. My wallet is a little heavier and my blood pressure is a little lower. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
The sign-up page doesn't mention recurring. Some boards have a decent private paid members-only sub-forum for chit chat

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally sent a message to the administrator.
When I joined paid membership was the only way to participate on this forum.
There was no option to post or do anything else without it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Finally sent a message to the administrator.
When I joined paid membership was the only way to participate on this forum.
There was no option to post or do anything else without it.
Lmao. I never knew that one. Pretty funny. I would of never came to these forums if it was a paid forum. I bet that didn't last long at all.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I also need to remove the automatic recurring deduction from my credit card. I signed up for FREE membership, but didn't get feedback that it was successful.

How do I email an administrator? This is not as easy as it should be.

Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did a premium just to get rid of the sidebar :). Used paypal and then immediately went to paypal account and cancelled the recurring authorization so that they can't charge next year. If I decide I want no sidebar ads next year I'll renew myself. Having been through this crap before on another site, I can tell you that in that case I used a credit card. I called the CC company, told them the situation, they cancelled the card, issued a new one, and had to do something like is done with a stolen card to prevent preauthorized subscriptions from being accepted on the new card. I then had to individually reauthorize things like my cable and power bills.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I don't remember how I did it, but it was through my control panel somehow.
It was not readily apparent, and it SHOULD be.

Just one more reason I hate these corporate forums, with their unending advertisements.

The BMW forum I am on daily is privately owned, financial contributions ONLY, and is spam and ad free.

Like Wikipedia, I use it so much, I am happy to contribute every year.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I did a premium just to get rid of the sidebar :).
Are you talking about the ads?

If so, People should know about the addon for browsers called AdBlock. Its free. If anything we should be paying that guy. He is a dad doing it on free time and it blocks ads on all pages. Even stuff from Youtube and all that. Even blocks my ads from watching TV on Comcast Online On Demand.

If you pay to get rid of ads, just get AdBlock. lol

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Are you talking about the ads?

If so, People should know about the addon for browsers called AdBlock. Its free. If anything we should be paying that guy. He is a dad doing it on free time and it blocks ads on all pages. Even stuff from Youtube and all that. Even blocks my ads from watching TV on Comcast Online On Demand.

If you pay to get rid of ads, just get AdBlock. lol
S.O.B.! It works! Like magic! I sent him $5 (I'm broke, or it would have been more).

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
S.O.B.! It works! Like magic! I sent him $5 (I'm broke, or it would have been more).
Ha. I can't live without adblock. I honestly forgot what ads look like its been so long.
Some pages I see little blank areas, and im like oh yeah that's where those ads should be!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Administrator was very helpful and prompt in addressing the problem I had in my original post.
(As have been Moto Mike and all the other mods here.)
I suspect the "paid" option only was probably due to the browser I was using when I first joined and not the fault of the site.
Not sure how I contacted the Administrator at the time, but you can access a link to him here:

Forums> Honda CBR250 Forums> View Forum Leaders (at bottom of page)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I've been trying to get [email protected] to respond to my email requests to refund the $15 removal of funds via Paypal for the Premium membership no longer wanted. It took me longer to figure out how to cancel the auto-renewal.

The big issue for me is the ONE DAY notice of auto-renewal, which is way too short for such a system. Yesterday I received an auto-renewal notice for my motorcycle insurance, some TWO WEEKS ahead of the due date. That's more how it should be.

The other issue was that last year I canceled the auto-renewal when I got billed twice. Well, it turned out that the auto-renewal from 2013 was still in effect.

The act of canceling the auto-renewal is buried deep within the Paypal account, too deep for what it is.

$15 is not much in the grand scheme of things, so it is the principle here that chaffs my hide. If I get the CB500X I've been looking at, it is doubtful I would support any forum with this type of auto-renewal system.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts