Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to an unfortunate accident I have to replace some parts on my bike. I cannot figure out how to remove the throttle from the switch housing. Any help?

·
Registered
101 Posts
You have to remove the bar end first which is a lil bit tricky. Get a flat screw and scoop it out, there's a lock there or something. Try to use WD40 to lubricate it so you can easily remove it. After you remove the bar end, move to the panel area were the kill switch and ignition button located then unscrew it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. That's not really a problem. When my friend wrecked it the barend snapped off and the bar end ground own. I can get the whole throttle off the bars, I can't get the throttle tube out of the housing with the start switch. I need to replace the plastic tube only. Reuse the cables and he start switch housing.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Doesn't the "start switch" clamshell catch the throttle tube? Commonly you have to take the clamshell apart to detach the cable and remove the throttle tube.

Warning: I don't have a CBR250R

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would like to revive this thread. I couldn't find anything about this in the service manual. Can somebody please shine some light on this matter? From what I can see, the only thing holding the throttle tube to the ignition assembly is the throttle cable. If I were to loosen the nut on the outside of the assembly would I be able to give slack to the throttle cable and pull out the throttle tube? I'd kill for a step by step instruction to replace ONLY the throttle tube. Please and thank you!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would like to revive this thread. I couldn't find anything about this in the service manual. Can somebody please shine some light on this matter? From what I can see, the only thing holding the throttle tube to the ignition assembly is the throttle cable. If I were to loosen the nut on the outside of the assembly would I be able to give slack to the throttle cable and pull out the throttle tube? I'd kill for a step by step instruction to replace ONLY the throttle tube. Please and thank you!
You need to screw the in-line cable adjusters fully in so that plenty of slack is created in the cables. Then you can unhook each cable from the drum by turning the nipple through ninety degrees then sliding it out. You might need to use a small screwdriver to help lift the cable off the drum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds easy enough, thank you. The cable adjusters are the hex nuts on the ignition assembly right? How do I readjust them after replacing the tube? Also, it says in the manual to apply grease. What kind of grease do I need and where can I get some?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
278 Posts
Refer to owners manual:-

When retightening adjust the pull cable ( the front one ) first and make sure that the throttle snaps shut cleanly even when on full lock. Then take up most but not all of the slack in the return cable.

I use a standard graphited wheel bearing grease for most general purpose stuff but its not critical.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts