Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i haven't tested my bike yet, just for daily use no more than 65km/h (40mph). But i want to know how fast can you ride CBR250 on the road with standard specification?
i just wanted to know, cause is the result is different from one rider to another. thanks in advance.:)

·
281 Posts
I would like to have one of our current owners check the clock against a gps. Rider reports from outside the states are indicating that the speedo is about 10% optimistic! Someone please verify!

·
Registered
111 Posts
wow good info xplor, i hope to find some more details or to check it myself when i can

i've hit 70mph on it but nothing over... i tend to stroll around town around 40-50

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would like to have one of our current owners check the clock against a gps. Rider reports from outside the states are indicating that the speedo is about 10% optimistic! Someone please verify!
GPS verified data from magazine reviews consistently suggest the top speed is in the 93-94 mph range.

Mike

·
281 Posts
wow good info xplor, i hope to find some more details or to check it myself when i can

i've hit 70mph on it but nothing over... i tend to stroll around town around 40-50
The GPS test can be conducted any speed...I think the error percentage will be fairly consistent throughout the speed range. Would be nice to check at say 40 and then at 50, 60, and 70 or more. The rest of the world is saying with the clock at 70 your actual is closer to 63. The professional testers claim the top speed is around 92 actual. No need to get up there for our test!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yesterday, my home town is pouring rain and i tried my bike to my limit. although my bike only just travel for 100 km (62 miles), but i risk it and tried as fast as i could. And it reach 132 km/h (82 Mph) at raining condition, at nite, on a semi freeway. Perhaps because it still new or i'm just afraid with the condition, it's easy to reach 120 km/h (74 mph) but then it get slow to reach 130 km/h (82 mph).
Could it be because the euro 2 type exhaust, or any other factor? i don't really know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yesterday, my home town is pouring rain and i tried my bike to my limit. although my bike only just travel for 100 km (62 miles), but i risk it and tried as fast as i could. And it reach 132 km/h (82 Mph) at raining condition, at nite, on a semi freeway. Perhaps because it still new or i'm just afraid with the condition, it's easy to reach 120 km/h (74 mph) but then it get slow to reach 130 km/h (82 mph).
Could it be because the euro 2 type exhaust, or any other factor? i don't really know.
HSR, save the speed tests for better road conditions. You're asking for trouble trying to push it to the limit in pouring rain. The water on the road will slow you down too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HSR, save the speed tests for better road conditions. You're asking for trouble trying to push it to the limit in pouring rain. The water on the road will slow you down too.

thanks for the advise, i try to be care full next time. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
GPS verified data from magazine reviews consistently suggest the top speed is in the 93-94 mph range.

Mike
In one of the video reviews in this forum that involves a Honda sponsored test of the CBR250R, the commentator mentions that Honda quotes the top speed of the CBR250R as being 150km/hr (93.8 mph).

Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is that clip on youtube showing indicated 156km/hr, but has anyone compared their speedo to GPS readings yet? Speedos on bikes are notoriously inacurate and funnily enough they always show more speed rather than less :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
slow down and enjoy the ride:cool:
Amen to that - part of my interest in CBR250 comes from my overall desire to embrace 'go slow' philosophy in my life. All the same, I want it to be able to get out of town, and regardless of speed, it is always useful to know how accurate the speedo is...

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
About 9% out according to a few reports I've read.

I do a border run from Bangkok to Cambodia every couple of months and it's nice to open up in a safe environment (empty 3 or 4 lane highway). Bike feels completely stable cruising along at an indicated 150kph and could do it all day.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sunday morning, i tried my bike on an empty road with a mild bump here and there. when i using my normal riding position, i could reach 130-132km/h (80-82 mph), but when i'm duck with racing position i could reach 155 km/h (96,3 mph).

1 - 20 of 500 Posts