Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
This morning going to work, I hit 168 Km/h just below Maximum.

All Honda CBR 250R's should have a max of 165-170 all depending on how close you want to get to red-line. (The Gearing an every model of Honda 250R are the Same if the Sprockets are stock that is)
I'm impressed on how easily it got there. Tucked a little and BAM top speed hahaha.

End OF Topic next :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
438 posts about the top speed of a 250cc bike - - -
Lemme see if I can sum up all those posts. Big fat people don't go as fast as little skinny people and nobody's going fast enough on this bike to get arrested.

But, that's the really cool thing about this bike and IMO its main attraction - everyone here can ride it near it's limits in everyday situations and not risk an illuminated taxi ride to the gray bar hotel. Its fun to wring the living snot out of a bike and this bike let's everyone live that experience. So, post on. In fact, someone should start another thread about the best 0 - 60 times using a common free iPhone app to measure acceleration, G, and time.

Wring 'em out!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lemme see if I can sum up all those posts. Big fat people don't go as fast as little skinny people and nobody's going fast enough on this bike to get arrested.

But, that's the really cool thing about this bike and IMO its main attraction - everyone here can ride it near it's limits in everyday situations and not risk an illuminated taxi ride to the gray bar hotel. Its fun to wring the living snot out of a bike and this bike let's everyone live that experience. So, post on. In fact, someone should start another thread about the best 0 - 60 times using a common free iPhone app to measure acceleration, G, and time.

Wring 'em out!
Absolutely! Couldn't have said it better myself. Don't own a 250 at the time but remember my VTR250; going through the gears and listen to the little V-twin scream at 10,000 rpm and still be sort of close to legal speeds. Had a Ninja ZX9R which could reach the same speed in half the time in 2nd gear, but where's the fun in that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I remember going by a speed limit sign that had a speed sensor clock under it(US) My speed matched it with maybe a 1mph diff. So im going to say my bike is correct speed. I have checked numeruos times pacing with other cars on the freeway and match same speed. I have already had my first 600mi service done and i have no performance parts on my bike. One early morning i was on my way to work and decided to give it a try. Im 165lbs 5'11" and had a backpack on. It was a calm day with no wind, flat road and at highway speeds im always tucked. I managed to hit 95mph before she had no more to give. For about 10sec "i was free" lol. No but seriously, i was flying. Without my backpack i may have gotten better without drag and weight. May try again sometime. My bike loves to run in the 70-80mph range

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got 95 mph out of my Ninja 250 about 15 years ago - that's an amazing speed for any 250 that will hold up for years.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This morning going to work, I hit 168 Km/h just below Maximum.

All Honda CBR 250R's should have a max of 165-170 all depending on how close you want to get to red-line. (The Gearing an every model of Honda 250R are the Same if the Sprockets are stock that is)
I'm impressed on how easily it got there. Tucked a little and BAM top speed hahaha.

End OF Topic next :D
Just wanted to make sure you remember that it is 10% off

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bougt mine about 1 month ago... I ride 32 miles to work some hwy keep it between 60-70 so I dont get run over!! I have had mine reading 95 tucked in doubt it feels more like 90 love the little bike bought if for the miles per gallons getting between 68-74 mpg depending on my clothing and riding styles... Anyone recommend a pipe that will improve the performance and mileage?? Thanks great site>>>

·
Registered
467 Posts
How much does your top speed fluctuate? Sometimes I can hit around 93... sometimes that sucker doesnt want to hit 85. Same weight, maybe different weather conditions. Should be fastest on a cold dry day and slowest on a hot muggy/humid day. I also noticed the bike does best shortly after starting. After 45 mins on a hot day @ 80+ mph, it loses some top end. Has anyone else noticed the same?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
bem...

aqui na minha cidade indo pra faculdade eu ando 20 km de ida e 20 km de volta, nao consegui ainda dizer que foi o máximo pois faltou espaço e pista livre mas até agora consegui dar 174km/h original e com 900 km rodados...

alguem conseguiu mais do que isso ja com a cbr??

abraçosss

clarc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why?? Because it is FUN! The 250r does not compare to my Suzuki GS1000 20 years ago but she is so much fun.... Handles great no carbs liquid cooling very simple economical and you can throw it around and she does not complain...

·
Registered
14 Posts
good day good people,

mine reads 100 and the gps reads 92. at 140 its around 127 on gps!
max i reached was 172 downhill tucked, this is the absolute limit it seems. 160 on straights so thats 145 on gps?

cheers

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Many variables in this thread unless they state
-GPS speed on flat road at sea level.
-indicated speed with stock gearing.
-rpm

ie
govt required Speedo error is 8-10%
gearing changes, (13T is 6%)
tyre size,
tyre profile/brand,
tyre wear
rider experience (some think 9500 is high, it does 10,800 but not with stock lazy gearing)

etc etc etc.

441 - 460 of 500 Posts