Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

481 - 500 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
174 kph (108.119 mph) speedo indicated....full tuck...no cat, no air filter, rosso 2, lubed chain, new oil, detensioned cct, lightly torqued axle nut

·
Registered
446 Posts
174 kph (108.119 mph) speedo indicated....full tuck...no cat, no air filter, rosso 2, lubed chain, new oil, detensioned cct, lightly torqued axle nut
No bike before long. Put the air filter back in!!! Your destroying your bike. Any performance gain is not worth it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
almost never go fast.. nice and slow
is the way to go for me, and for her..

when we both arrive at the same place
together, speed was just right..

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
20,000 km so far no problems....35,000 km on my old bike and they are both going strong.
If you want to make your bikes not last as long as they should then sure keep the air filter off.

But it will ruin your bike in the long run.

Also, 20,000 km isn't sh!t. So it may not show signs of damage now but it will when dirt gets into the wrong place.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you want to make your bikes not last as long as they should then sure keep the air filter off.

But it will ruin your bike in the long run.

Also, 20,000 km isn't sh!t. So it may not show signs of damage now but it will when dirt gets into the wrong place.
i live dangerously.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best I've seen the CBR250RA pull was 171 Kph (106.25 mph) carrying ~95 Kg (210 lb) down a steep hill.

Edit: That was a stock bike, rider tucked in, doing around 9.5Krpm in top gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's the opinion on K&N filters? - K&N Air Filter HA-2511
Got a beowulf Exhaust fitted, lost a bit of speed, was wondering the Air filter would be a worthwhile purchase?
Opinions?!

·
Registered
446 Posts
What's the opinion on K&N filters? - K&N Air Filter HA-2511
Got a beowulf Exhaust fitted, lost a bit of speed, was wondering the Air filter would be a worthwhile purchase?
Opinions?!
Don't. Actually do if you like reduced performance and lots of dirt in your engine.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Don't. Actually do if you like reduced performance and lots of dirt in your engine.
Opinions are divided on this one. Initially I never thought I'd use one but at approx 15k km's I decided to try it out. Time will tell if my engine fouls but 3k km's with it installed and the bike is running better than ever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A long as I'm on a normal sitting position I can drive between 138 kmh (85 mph) and 142 kmh (88 mph). I think it varies because the Autobahn is not always 100% flat.

When ducking under the wind shield and going downhill the highest speed was 160 kmh (99mph).

All those numbers were from the odometer, so it's basically minus 10% to get the real GPS speed.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
A long as I'm on a normal sitting position I can drive between 138 kmh (85 mph) and 142 kmh (88 mph). I think it varies because the Autobahn is not always 100% flat.

When ducking under the wind shield and going downhill the highest speed was 160 kmh (99mph).

All those numbers were from the odometer, so it's basically minus 10% to get the real GPS speed.
I would say those numbers are right on factoring in the odometer error.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also made a measurement with two GPS devices recently and 150 km/h (93 mph) displayed on the oddometer were 138 km/h (87 mph) real speed.

481 - 500 of 500 Posts