Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

501 - 508 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have hit 101 on mine in full tuck but I am only 5'2 and ~100lbs with gear and backpack on. Bike is lowered 1 inch with zero G doublebubble windscreen, integrated front turn signals, rear fender delete and coffman's shorty exhaust. Possible I had some wind behind me, but no hills around here except a gradual slope from an overpass or something on the highway. Regularly see 90-99 on the speedo when topped out in 6th gear.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Btw is it just me or does the bike become faster over the time. Now at almost 40,000km the bike run
speedo is optimistic. Best to fly by one of those speed-limit signs with radar readout.
I'm not sure about the US but here those can be optimistic as well to make you slow down. A GPS device is in my opinion the best way to get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sure, can get faster after broken-in. Maybe your rings have finally seated optimally? Could also be your tyres are wearing and each rotation travels shorter distance. Thus tricking speedo into thinking you're going faster than before.

Yeah, GPS is best for speed reading. Federal Law in U.S. states that speedo can never be slower than actual. So most manufacturer's account for tyre-wear and other variables with highly optimistic speedos.

Another accurate way is with aftermarket dash like Trailtech Vapor or Koso RX-2N that allows programming of wheel-circumference. Then you can roll-out one rotation and measure to millimeter. Spot-on speed read-out. On any bike I've done this, it shows factory-speedo off by +10% faster than actual.

I think one of magazine testers used radar and pegged it at 87mph.

501 - 508 of 508 Posts