Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How many riders wanted to buy their CBR250R with ABS but, due to limited availability, ended up buying a non-ABS bike?

I ordered one with ABS in early February and am in the middle of a 7-week wait for delivery. I could have had a non-ABS bike immediately, but chose to wait. My impression is that Honda significantly underestimated the demand for ABS on this bike, at least here in the US.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am waiting for an ABS model. It is a 5 week wait, (due the 27th), but it wouldn't have mattered what I wanted because he had no bikes in stock. He gets 7-10 a month and it is split about 50-50, ABS and Non-ABS. The Honda "I wanna ride" commercial is killing me! I wanna ride!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Most of the dealers here (Atlanta) only seem to be getting 2-3/month maximum... and only the very rare ABS peppered in...

So, while I would have preferred ABS, I'm done waiting... Taking delivery of my black/non-ABS in a week (these things are typically covered with a deposit at least a month or two prior to arrival at the dealer).

However, as someone mentioned in another thread, I'm not sure I like the brakes also being linked, and not being able to operate the rear brake independently... Don't know enough of the ramifications... yet... to make a value judgement...

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
My last bike was a BMW R1150RS and that had linked ABS brakes, but they were also servo assisted. That thing could stop quick, especially considering it weighed a quarter of a ton. Linked brakes are pretty cool really, but I had to get used to only using one brake, after years of using both. If I had a choice of paying a couple of hundred quid more for the ABS model, and they were freely available, I would choose that, but not to have ABS is no biggie for me.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Where i live in Western Australia, they have had the 2012 models since January and the ABS Has been a lot more popular than the Honda initially thought. We don't have a problem here, one dealer in Perth told me he has just had 40 delivered and my local dealer always has at least 5 in stock, last year this bike was the second highest seller in Australia !
I hope to be buying the ABS model..........$500 extra.
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
636 Posts
the dealer i got mine from didnt have any abs models instock when i bought mine either, and since ive only ridden bikes without abs i figured i wouldnt miss it and i believe i am right because the brakes feel pretty darn good to me..and i saved 500 bucks..i guess ignorance is bliss in my case..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts