Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious after all the import fee's tax and etc, How much did you guys in Thailand and Malaysia or whomever else has the Bike released.

How much did you guys end up paying all together fro your bikes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
^ +1. I hope Honda does not plan on charging over msrp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think Honda USA dealers are allowed to charge more than MSRP.... I am expecting however to pay FULL MSRP unfortunately. There will be great demand for the CBR250R when it arrives.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't think Honda USA dealers are allowed to charge more than MSRP.... I am expecting however to pay FULL MSRP unfortunately. There will be great demand for the CBR250R when it arrives.

Full MSRP is suggested, is the amount i would assume that i would have to pay for a CBR250, esp if it is short stocked, and became on back order.

I may just wait it out, as from previous purchasing experience buying the 1st wave of inventory of any product is never.... "up to par"

Hopefully once they re-stock up I'll be able to haggle a bit and find a good deal. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts

I believe you're right. None of the dealers I called even hinted at a mark up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wont be the markup where they make there moonies!

its the dam accessories, and whatever protection packages you buy as well. and whatever additions....

·
281 Posts
I think MSRP will be the fair price to pay for this bike. The dealers are really hurting with previous year new machines. The profit on a $4K bike at MSRP is not that great. Without some profit, they won't be around to sell or service. They are probably all delighted they have a hot new model to sell. Also keep in mind they order these bikes with a good bit of lead time and can't just increase their quantities easily. They will have been somewhat reluctant to order a lot of the CBR250's due to such slow sales the last two years. My dealer said he had six on order and thought it was a lot for a new model......this bike, in my opinion, will be hard to to come by, for those that wait, in calendar year 2011.....I think right now is a good time to order this bike..with a deposit. You will have first choice of refusal and your deposit returned if the bike is just not for you..

·
Registered
69 Posts
The dealer I put my deposit at said all the dealers around (SLC, UT) are getting the same number of bikes. I wonder if Honda allotted a certain number of them per state, or region..something like that and they all just took an equal amount here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts