Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
The response so far is very surprising. To explain it, I would think most of the members here are from US and the US riders tend be older guys / experienced riders who knows what they are getting into with a little 250. It's a good little commuter or a fun second bike. The younger guys would be front Europe where the tier system is in place so they are forced to ride a 250 for a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Just curious - why not PC the rearsets?

Jay
The concern was the powder coat would get into the bearings, gearing etc and perhaps affect performance. :confused:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The concern was the powder coat would get into the bearings, gearing etc and perhaps affect performance. :confused:
Not if done properly. Everything needs to be completely disassembled, and areas that shouldn't be coated need to be masked. Threaded holes should be plugged.

A competent coater can handle that stuff blindfolded.

I coated my rearsets and rear peg brackets over 5 years ago, and haven't had any problems.

PM me your location and I might be able to find you a good coater in your area.

Jay

·
Registered
493 Posts
Joined today. 46 years young!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I was reading the demographic data from WERA the other day and the average age for racers is 32-37. My guess, It takes a good amount of expendable cash to maintain a track bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
53, traded in the Kawasaki Ninja 250 bought for number one 19 year-old daughter. She only rode it twice in one year. No one in the household noticed one bike missing and a new bike in the garage amoung the others!

·
Registered
426 Posts
57 here, but feel 20 years younger getting back on two wheels after a few years off. Though sometimes, like yesterday when I hot footed 500km back from the end of my tour, when I get off the bike I feel 95.

note to self: don't forget to do back stretches when on long rides!!!
tell me about it. Got the CBR in October so not had any long rides yet. But last summer we did a 140km non stop on the hwy and i thot i was going to die :) This was on my 460cc scooter. My knees were killing me. Normally we take a stretch break every hour or so. Dont even want to think about 500km. Atleast be able to stop at a light to stand and stretch a bit. as for me. I am old enough to know better but young enough not to care :) Just turned 54 Oct 14 and as fate would have it that was the day i brought the CBR home. Was a very happy birthday.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The response so far is very surprising. To explain it, I would think most of the members here are from US and the US riders tend be older guys / experienced riders who knows what they are getting into with a little 250. It's a good little commuter or a fun second bike. The younger guys would be front Europe where the tier system is in place so they are forced to ride a 250 for a couple of years.
I must say that I'm really surprised too. I thought that the average age would be much younger. I do think that a lot of new riders in the UK go straight to a 600 from a 125 after passing their test. The CBR 250R is generally perceived as a slow commuter bike over here. Perfect for what I need though. Perhaps you acquire more taste with maturity. :D

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Not if done properly. Everything needs to be completely disassembled, and areas that shouldn't be coated need to be masked. Threaded holes should be plugged.

A competent coater can handle that stuff blindfolded.

I coated my rearsets and rear peg brackets over 5 years ago, and haven't had any problems.

PM me your location and I might be able to find you a good coater in your area.

Jay
Thx Jay, I'm going to follow up on this. Makes sense what you say. Rearsets on your bike look great which is exactly what I want for mine. Will keep you posted. Would rather PC the rearsets than buy new. Lotta bucks!!!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thirty seven years old..intresting the age demagraphic..i too thought it might be a bit of a younger group, however i'd imagine and this is unfortunate, that the younger less experienced on the road and in life probrobly go for larger displacement bikes either from peer pressure or just thinking a 250 just isnt enough bike for them..

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Forgot to say.. 45 yrs old and bigger kahoonies than I ever had at 18 when I got my first real sportsbike (RZ500 still in the shed)... just a few more bits of titanium in my body is all.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Just turned 50 and my new CBR is my first bike.

41 - 60 of 222 Posts