Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the wife and kids away and with the weather being so perfecct I spent a glorious day just riding around town. I ended up at a friends house tonight who happens to live near a amusment park to see some firework and some bbq. After waiting for the traffic to die down a little I head home. The drive was uneventful until I get about 5 min from home when a bunch of kids pull beside me in a Subaru and ask me if I want to see how my bike would do vs there wrx. I'll admit I thought it was cool that they thought the cbr was some sort of superbike but I kindly declind the offer after explaining it's just a 250 and I lacked the skill or desire to race anyone. I thought that would be the end of it but as luck would have it they pull up behind me and start to follow me. At first they keeped ther distance and then they start to inch closer and closer. I pull up to a stop sign and role through to give me some space but they just blow right through and keep coming. I get to the traffic light were I have to make a left. As I stop for oncoming traffic they pull beside me again and tell me what an idiot I am for riding around in a girls bike all decked out in riding gear just looking for trouble. The driver then tells me im lucky because the only reason he didnt drive through me was because he didnt want to scrap me off his bumper. I'll be honest i've never seen this reaction from anyone before and I am a little shaken up. I never thought to get a plate number. Not that it would have done any good. Has anyone ever been through something like this before?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Not me, they sound like a bunch of trouble making douche bags. Sorry you experienced that. I wld have shite my pants:eek:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Why crack when you can pack heat on your 250.:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, this sort of situation is when you just yell to them. "I'm wearing earplugs and can't hear you.";)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Why crack when you can pack heat on your 250.:rolleyes:
)
yeah..he could pack heat if he lived in states ..didnt have a criminal record..and passed state and FBI background checks and took the courses...but then again..law abiding "packing" citizens dont threaten people with their firearms because they are smartmouths...that would be illegal and land you in jail and you have your concealed carry because you are not stupid and are a law abiding citizen..now if they tried to hit you with their vehicle..you would be well within your legal right to empty your clip into the drivers side windshield

·
Registered
98 Posts
yeah..he could pack heat if he lived in states ..didnt have a criminal record..and passed state and FBI background checks and took the courses...but then again..law abiding "packing" citizens dont threaten people with their firearms because they are smartmouths...that would be illegal and land you in jail and you have your concealed carry because you are not stupid and are a law abiding citizen..now if they tried to hit you with their vehicle..you would be well within your legal right to empty your clip into the drivers side windshield
And I say , God bless the US of A

Wish Canada empowered " the good guys " :( guess we can get a mod to attach a good old fashion baseball bat to our CBR ... Come to think of it , we could probably hide one behind our stock muffler ?

Not sure why some people get there good feelings from picking on good people minding there own business :confused:

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
This makes the quote in my signature even funnier.

·
Registered
414 Posts
what a dick, i would have been very intimidated in that situation. i hope you're OK and not too shaken up.

edit:
from the title of the thread, i thought the story was going to be how you blew up your bike with a fire work and or BBQ :)

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
I know how Jules Winfield would handle those little a**wipe punks:

"Do you read the Bible, Brett? Well there's this passage I got memorized, seems appropriate for this situation. Ezekiel 25:17... The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men..."

Of course Marsellus Wallace would just call a couple hard pipe-hitting' brothers to go to work on the smart mouth a**wipes with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

I'm with trapper... I'd think some skull crackin' would be called for.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
and why does that make it funnier aufitt...i really dont get it....grow up you little twerp
Obviously you dont get it, and that makes it even funnier still,
but no need to be abusive there old chap.. its not good for you :)

·
Banned
834 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that but that was the funniest shiz I've heard in a while.

When I had my 178cc scooter, one time some college or high school kids saw me go by on my scooter and they wanted to start a fight and called me a **** for riding a scooter. Honestly, they are lucky they didn't get to me b/c they would have gotten riddled with bullets. We are allowed to carry a concealed weapon here with a license in Ohio. I wouldn't have killed them as it against my faith but they would have been doing the running man with maybe a stray bullet in their arse.

You will get seriously disrespected for riding a scooter here in America, unless you are in a resort town or near a tropical vacation destination. Honestly, I don't care about respect but it can be a safety issue if someone throws a rock at you or knocks you off your scooter.

Since I've been riding the cbr250r I get waves from chicks, kids smile and wave at me, and people will approach me and strike up a conversation with me about motorcycle like we are old friends.

Motorcycles get more respect but maybe if they knew I was on a two-fiddy they wouldn't be so friendly? lol Ridiculous.

Maybe you should razor the 250r sticker off and avoid telling teenage punks who want to challenge you that you are on a 250. Ignore them, act like you don't hear them and pull into the next parking lot as soon as the light changes. Either that or get a concealed weapon's license and brandish a 357 magnum if you get accosted again Although that might piss them off and they might run you over and steal your gun. lol

I know it wasn't funny to you at the time but looking back you had to laugh your butt off.

Funny how there are so many arseholes out there on the streets.

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I had my 178cc scooter, one time some college or high school kids saw me go by on my scooter and they wanted to start a fight and called me a **** for riding a scooter. Honestly, they are lucky they didn't get to me b/c they would have gotten riddled with bullets. We are allowed to carry a concealed weapon here with a license in Ohio. I wouldn't have killed them as it against my faith but they would have been doing the running man with maybe a stray bullet in their arse.

You will get seriously disrespected for riding a scooter here in America, unless you are in a resort town or near a tropical vacation destination. Honestly, I don't care about respect but it can be a safety issue if someone throws a rock at you or knocks you off your scooter.

Either that or get a concealed weapon's license and brandish a 357 magnum if you get accosted again Although that might piss them off and they might run you over and steal your gun. lol

Funny how there are so many arseholes out there on the streets.
I don't know how you passed your CCW class. Guns are to be used FOR killing and sport.

Question for the rest of the group. Whatever happen to fist fights? Guy does something to pisses you off and instead of trying to shoot at them and hit them with an stay bullet, stand toe to toe

·
Registered
628 Posts
Precisely the reason i carry ball bearings in my pockets. " EAT MY ASS PRICK"!!! As you chunk them through the drivers window, then bust a u and split. Car may be faster, but bikes more nimble.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, you run across some jack wagons like that from time to time. I find that if you have a "Bitch Please!" attitude, they tend to lose intrest in you. In the 10 months I've had my bike I've had to shoot the bird or give a "Come at me Bro!" a few times and even did a pull over/dismount once. I don't think any of those were because of the CBR, just young punks bullying the general public. But, all in all, you wont have many problems like this. However there was that last one, he was really tweaked! Pulled his shirt off, beat his chest and then pulled a knife. The only thing I said to him the whole time was "You call that a knife?"(Fav Dundee quote) as I pulled my Sig from its holster(Yes, I have a CCW). Surprising how civil someone can become in the face of impending hurt. After he left, I called the local PD and meet with an officer to let him know what happened(Angry tailgater vs. Armed Citizen). No charges were filed and after they ran a check on me, I was on my way. To all you anti-gun crowd, see, guns can be used peacfully. YOU just have to stay cool and calm.TX.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't know how you passed your CCW class. Guns are to be used FOR killing and sport.

Question for the rest of the group. Whatever happen to fist fights? Guy does something to pisses you off and instead of trying to shoot at them and hit them with an stay bullet, stand toe to toe
Hockey is the last bastion of the ungentlemanly spectacle of fisticuffs. May it long live there.

As for guns:
Rule #2: don't pull your gun unless you are going to use it
Rule #3: don't use your gun unless you are going to kill someone with it
Rule #4: don't attempt to kill someone unless you (or a defenseless third party) are about to be killed.

Rule number one is don't talk about your guns.

You will see there are only two scenarios: the gun either effectively does not exist or it is used to kill someone.

Thinking it's okay to use a gun to just scare off a threat, fire a warning shot, or wound an attacker is how a situation gets out of control. You will not be able to remain calm; perspective and judgment cannot keep pace in real time. Too many variables exist. Keep it binary.

If you have a problem with misbehavior that enrages you, call the police. You'd be surprised at how cathartic it can be, and no one ends up dead or in jail. This is (still, mostly) a civilization.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that but that was the funniest shiz I've heard in a while.

QUOTE]

Crikey! :eek:

I hope they take your gun and shove it up your ass.

Get some gumption and stand up for yourself man, not hiding behind a gun ffs.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
With the wife and kids away and with the weather being so perfecct I spent a glorious day just riding around town.

I get about 5 min from home when a bunch of kids pull beside me in a Subaru and ask me if I want to see how my bike would do vs there wrx.

At first they keeped ther distance and then they start to inch closer and closer. I pull up to a stop sign and role through to give me some space but they just blow right through and keep coming. I get to the traffic light were I have to make a left. As I stop for oncoming traffic they pull beside me again and tell me what an idiot I am for riding around in a girls bike all decked out in riding gear just looking for trouble. The driver then tells me im lucky because the only reason he didnt drive through me was because he didnt want to scrap me off his bumper.

Has anyone ever been through something like this before?
some of you guys giving advise can't be serious :rolleyes:

^ yes , some people hate motorcycles and anyone riding on them :mad:

...but how about next time ..... just ignore it ;):confused:

words can't hurt you .... but a 2ton vehicle can crush you to death :confused::(

:mad:getting into arguments while you ride a motorcycle on the streets is a BIG NO-NO !!!:mad:

some of you guys must live in really nice places .... because around here you have to watch who you open your visor to ;):(

why would you wan't to put yourself in that situation :confused:

stay away from people like that on the road ..... make a quick right , bust-a-u , hit the gas (not too much of and option with the MC41 but she's getting there).. ect.

next time pretend like you ARE going to race the little duchebags and when the light turns green ......... let them pell off and just chill ;)

...and hopefully a M.C. LEO will be pulling out from his lunch brake and see the whole thing :eek:................:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can laugh about it now but I was afraid of dumping my bike, not afraid of a few kids in there dad's Subaru. If I were driving my truck and that s**t happened the end result would have been different. I'm just curious as to how many times people have had to deal with this crap? I like to think I'm a level headed person but if I were a more experianced rider on a bigger bike I might just have taken them up. Not sure that would be the smartest idea either.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts