Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to drain my radiator but the service manual says "go see a honda dealership". I have all the plastics off for the oil change. I'm thinking this bolt with a little arrow next to it is the drain but I'm not sure. Anybody have experience draining the radiator on this bike? Thanks.

Ok so I just went for it and that was the right bolt, however, when I put the bolt back in part of a copper washer was sticking out the side. Did I put the bolt back in wrong or is this working as intended?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Why did you drain it?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Manual says to replace the radiator fluid every 24k miles or every 2 years..whichever comes first....I would like to do my own in another year and a half rather than pay a dealer $70 per hour to do it...how about a picture of the drain bolt?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should read The Truth About Cars' article about Water Wetter. It doesn't work as advertised (temperature drop is negligible), and you're sacrificing the protection of traditional coolant.

Are you planning to keep the water + Wetter mix for the next few months? I hope you live in a very warm climate, because WW doesn't lower the freezing point of water. One extremely cold morning in the garage could mean you need a new engine, or at least a new radiator.

·
Super Moderator
2,044 Posts
I want to drain my radiator but the service manual says "go see a honda dealership".
Are you sure that you mean the Service (Shop) manual and not the Owner's manual?

The Honda service manual for my NX250 details how to do the coolant change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts