Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
Just got the bike -- I'm stoked. Went to fill up today but the fuel nozzle would not go all the way in. Is it supposed to? Any advice would be appreciated!

David J.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
lol.

·
745 Posts
Several threads on here about this already. The block in the fuel tank is to prevent siphoning. Rest the nozzle on the v-shaped circle in the middle and run the pump slowly until the tank is full (when you can see fluid fuel in the tank).

·
Registered
504 Posts
Actually, those vapor protectors will be going away...

EPA to remove vapor-capturing rubber boot from gas pump handles - CNN.com

Wasn't that a left-coast kind of thing anyway? I don't know where Deej is from, but I don't think I have ever seen one in NC.
Thanks for sharing. It makes sense as to why they're doing away with them. I guess they'll be around until new pumps are installed at current stations.

I'm not sure about what parts of the country use these protectors. They're quite plentiful here in Texas.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The auto-off on the pump will work fine even without the seal. The pumps that required that seal to be good in order to pump I think are all gone already, though some even around here still have the seal.

Go slow unless you like fuel to splash/spray up onto the tank. Don't fuel up if the paper towel dispensers are empty; it doesn't take long for gasoline to start damaging the clearcoat (and then the paint) so wipe up after you fill up.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Even running the pump at a snails pace, which is what I do, it doesn't take long to pump a couple gallons... haven't spilled a drop yet. No need to rush through everything in life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AN UNFOCUSED MIND IS UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hold a funnel in the tank hole and ask your buddy to pump the fuel into the funnel. Keep an eye when the tank fills up and give instructions to him to stop. If your friend screws up, kick him in his ass.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Lol you took a while to select your grade.
And he got the wrong one anyway! I'm working on a "how to pick the right gas" youtube video. It's me turning the owners manual to page 28 and then doing a slow zoom as the crescendo builds... ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Now you know how to fill the tank. If you ever need a video on how to kick your friend's ass, I can ask my dude friend to do it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Why are there like 3 threads in active topics asking about how to fill your tank. How the hell do these people pass driving tests?! If you cant figure out how to put gas in your vehicle or bike you dont need to be on the road putting me in danger with your lack of common sense. Next there will be a thread titled "how do i change lanes!?!?"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts