Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

How to gas up my CBR 250

14K views 47 replies 24 participants last post by  etiainen 
#1 ·
Hey there,
Just got the bike -- I'm stoked. Went to fill up today but the fuel nozzle would not go all the way in. Is it supposed to? Any advice would be appreciated!

David J.

#9 ·
The auto-off on the pump will work fine even without the seal. The pumps that required that seal to be good in order to pump I think are all gone already, though some even around here still have the seal.

Go slow unless you like fuel to splash/spray up onto the tank. Don't fuel up if the paper towel dispensers are empty; it doesn't take long for gasoline to start damaging the clearcoat (and then the paint) so wipe up after you fill up.

#10 · (Edited)
Even running the pump at a snails pace, which is what I do, it doesn't take long to pump a couple gallons... haven't spilled a drop yet. No need to rush through everything in life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AN UNFOCUSED MIND IS UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED

#11 ·
Hold a funnel in the tank hole and ask your buddy to pump the fuel into the funnel. Keep an eye when the tank fills up and give instructions to him to stop. If your friend screws up, kick him in his ass.

#20 ·
Why are there like 3 threads in active topics asking about how to fill your tank. How the hell do these people pass driving tests?! If you cant figure out how to put gas in your vehicle or bike you dont need to be on the road putting me in danger with your lack of common sense. Next there will be a thread titled "how do i change lanes!?!?"

#28 ·
Its easy, two solutions. Get a cutting torch, full tank of course, and just cut around the gas cap. You can use duct tape to cover the hole when done. Or you can use a hammer and chisel and chisel a hole around the gas cap. Again use duct tape.
There are several how to videos listed here to help.

#29 ·
So, I should put my receipt in my POCKET! I think I got it now!

#37 ·
I hear the aftermarket manufacturers are working on a custom transmission system which features a REVERSE gear. That's right my friends, those with backwards facing petrol stations can now reverse right up to the pump!

But seriously, most petrol stations down here you can enter on either side, and have pumps for both sides ... :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.