Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys ,

How do you go about getting access to the spark plug. I would like to change the spark plug to the iridium type. It is possible , just by looking at the bike you gonna have remove everythings including the fuel tank. Am i correct or it is worth changing to iridium type at all.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
319 Posts
try taking a faring of the side and see how you go.

but I would just throw an iridium in when the stock one needs replacing

·
Registered
278 Posts
HI guys ,

How do you go about getting access to the spark plug. I would like to change the spark plug to the iridium type. It is possible , just by looking at the bike you gonna have remove everythings including the fuel tank. Am i correct or it is worth changing to iridium type at all.

Cheers.....
I'm curious, what has you thinking that you want to do this ?

On the US bikes at least, the spark plugs aren't listed for replacement until 32,000 miles.

Also, the stock plug that's in there is listed as:
ngk SIMR8A9
which is already an iridium type plug

so you'd be opening everything up for nothing and then trying to return the new plug that you've bought.

still if you want to take the existing one out anyway, it looks like all you have to do is remove the side fairings and disconnect the radiator from its mount (but leave the hoses attached). The cylinder is canted forwards so the plug is accessible from the front...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for clearing that up Furious-blue...I thought the bike has the standard plug . You are right the plug is iridium after doing the search on the net , but it always good to know how to get access to the plug rather getting the dealer to do it. They charge you an arm and a leg.

Thank you again, now i know what part to take off instead of taking parts off which aren't necessary at all.

Cheers Cam.....

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Another interesting way in which motorcycles have changed. Time was when it was necessary to have easy access to spark plugs (contact breaker points, valves and the like). Now they are more reliable and longer lasting without the requirement for frequent inspection and adjustment.

I don't pine for the "good old days"! Thankfully they don't make 'em like they used to.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sparkplug

You need to remove the upper fairings(around tank) and the tank itself. Then, remove the rubber shields under the tank (2 - to protect electronics from splash), and you will have access to the head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts