Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Heres a nice short little clip of how to pop a wheelie!

Though i don't recommend it for anymore or even myself.. i don't trust myself enough.. i know my ass will be seeing the pavement many many times...

·
Registered
131 Posts
wheelie's look really cool but in my days i've seen too much people attempt, fail and hurt themselves in the end. even pro's mess up. Quite a few events I went to last year had stunts like that performed. That sport bike show on speed has a whole bunch of dudes doing such things, forgot what the show is called

Just like you im going to keep it safe, no popping wheelies for me! I think doing that is just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Wheelies

I had a friend growing up that could ride a wheelie just about any distance. I was riding off road with him once; I was on a 250 & he was riding his Yamaha 360 - both 2 strokes (all dirt bikes were 2 strokes back then). He pulled this 3rd gear wheelie blowing along at about 40 mph, and then I watched him come over backwards & do some end over end cartwheels :eek: as his bike crashed. :( He was hurting pretty bad & when he recovered (several min later) he explained that the 360 "came on pipe" & the surge in power spit him off the back like a bad habit. Some bigger 2 strokes had wicked torque curves and his 360 certainly did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts