Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

How to remove 2012 cbr250r stock muffler?

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Tom Raider 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of getting the M4 street slayer slip-on for my 2012 cbr250r and being this is my first bike i do not know much about it and I don't want to have to empty my wallet for someone to install it. How do I remove the stock muffler without destroying/messing up anything in case i need to reuse it in the future? Ive searched for videos and all but cant find anything...Need some help/advise, step by step instructions or a video please. THANKS!!!

#4 ·
Theres 2 bolts holding it on. Remove the upper one by foot peg. Lower one under the rear brake pedal.. Twist left and right alittle to break gasket loose. Pull at same time. Enjoy the Exhaust.

Yep. Simple unbolt. Take it off. Slip it on. Line it up. Bolt it on.

One thing to consider: If you are not comfortable with mechanical things, a bike may not be the best place to experiment. You can die if something falls off at the wrong time. (There really shouldn't be any danger of the exhaust falling off without any warning.)

#6 ·
k that was alot easier then i thought haha...k 1 more ?? ... is there a service manual out yet for the 2012 cbr250r?? ive found 2011 but no 2012...if any1 knows plz link a site or somthing and the price. Thanks!!!
Same bikes just one different color for 2012.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.