Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I have Purchased CBR-250 2020 Model I am facing a timing chain issue since before starting I have checked this to machinic many times but it breaks down again and again if anyone knows How can this problem be resolved to suggest me here.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Often the problem is the timing chain tensioner which keeps the timing chain under a limited range of tensions. I am not familiar with your bike and you have not described what is happening to the bike, so, I am guessing that the chain is too loose and it shifts a cog or two and the ignition timing then is off. Caution, I am old and haven't worked on many newer bikes.

A description of what occurs would help greatly.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
We would need a more complete description of the problem and what it does when it "breaks-down" in order to help.

But, as Schroeder noted - it should still be under warranty - so don't mess with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Recently I have Purchased CBR-250 2020 Model I am facing a timing chain issue since before starting I have checked this to machinic many times but it breaks down again and again if anyone knows How can this problem be resolved to suggest me here.
Timing chain is a pretty solid unit, and it won't give up just like that, and that too repeatedly. The problem can be elsewhere. I would suggest you replace your timing chain tensioner and chain and see if it helps. What is the issue you're facing, is it a noise or what sort of trouble? If you can explain that, it would be easier for us to understand.

Cheers!
VJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts