Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to the knowledgeable people on this forum, how well could this bike do compared to other comparable bikes out? It seems the Ninja 250r will be the main competition. is there something Honda could change/add to give them the upper hand with sales?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Honda's CBR250R will do great with sales, no doubt about it. Why you may ask??

- cheaper then the Ninja 250R
- cbr250r features are more then good enough for the MSRP
- It's a Honda! how can you go wrong?

Other then people complaining how the cbr250r sounds like a dirtbike, there's nothing else Honda could do to make it better or else it might end up costing more. What more could you possibly want? entry level bikes only have so much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Honda's CBR250R will do great with sales, no doubt about it. Why you may ask??

- cheaper then the Ninja 250R
- cbr250r features are more then good enough for the MSRP
- It's a Honda! how can you go wrong?

Other then people complaining how the cbr250r sounds like a dirtbike, there's nothing else Honda could do to make it better or else it might end up costing more. What more could you possibly want? entry level bikes only have so much.
im one of those that complain about the CBR250R exhaust note, i don't think much can be done to change the exhaust note drastically since it's a single cylinder engine. if you've seen the handful of video on YouTube with aftermarket exhaust applications....... it still sounds like a dirtbike, but a beefier dirtbike :D

the Ninja 250r just looks a lot more sportier, the ladies like it, and it doesn't sound like a dirtbike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I personally think that Honda is doing the most perfect thing by releasing the 2011 Honda cbr250r. With kids wanting bikes and the economy sinking bikes are still expensive (the 600's lets say) and the insurance is outrageous. With the 250r i think its perfect bike for beginners as well as progressed riders. And its a cbr. The name itself is up to the expectations. As far as sales goes i think dealers are pissed off because they dont have them in show rooms yet waiting to be sold off the lot as soon as it gets realeased. People are going to want these bikes, including me :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
I think dealers will wish they could have got more of them to sell. When kawasaki re -designed there 250 the dealers sold out and there was a waiting list at my local dealer. There for sure is a market for this bike

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Kawi makes a few more ponies. It is faster and only 15 pounds heavier which is not that much. It does NOT cost more than the CBR. Both are around 4k (non-ABS CBR).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts