Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited that Honda has finally produced a bike that I have been pining for for years! I rebuilt a Yamaha SRX 250 in college and I loved it, but it made maybe 15 hp and sounded like a tractor. I sold my Buell a few years ago and have been happily riding an Aprilia SR 50r Factory until I heard about this new CBR. My first and all-time favorite bike was a Honda VF500 Interceptor and I want my CBR 250r in the red-white and blue version because it looks very similar to my first Honda bike. Any ideas on how to make that happen in the USA? This looks like a great forum and I an happy to be here!
Aloha,
WT

·
281 Posts
Tandoc! I think for model year 2011 at least, the only way you will get the Brit/Aussie colors is via having the parts painted.........

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'm so excited that Honda has finally produced a bike that I have been pining for for years!
Me too, though your choice of words is a bit more emotional than the terms I would use to couch my thoughts. I have just reckoned for a while it is high time there was more attention paid to the quarter litre class. After years of neglect it has started to come alive again.

Reasonable price and economical to run, good handling and able to roll along all day at 80 - 90 km/hr on byways, with a decent bit in reserve for passing and hills, are my criteria. The CBR250R seems right on the spot, and a looker to boot.

Welcome Tandoc & Gareth

·
Registered
636 Posts
welcome Tool guy! I like that splash of color myself, but since it wasnt availible in the states, i went for the black model however, when i went to buy my bike back in may, i was very impressed by the red and silver color scheme. pictures do not do it justice is looks real sharp. but living in columbus ohio with the scarlet and grey of the ohio state buckeyes being shoved into your line of sight at every opportunty i just couldnt see myself riding a "scarlet and grey" moto.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kansan and Buckeye!

Howdy Wichita!

OH and may2nd, I graduated from Ohio State many years ago. I have the Scarlet and Gray colors. Need a Block O sticker for the bike - send me one you think would look good somewhere on the bike... :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
wow jsherm..I was actually in "block o" in the mid nineties! ill see what i can do as far as gettin an O to ya..not sure where you would put it but im sure you could find a spot..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts