Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hahaa! I just have to laugh. It has been raining on and off everyday for the past week where I live which sucks because I'm still learning to ride and I'd rather practice in good road conditions. You know, like every life-loving rider out there. So i go online to check out the 5 day forecast for my area...Nothing but thunderstorms for the coming week. The 10 day forecast...thunderstorms and scattered showers. NO SUN AT ALL. What the deuce nature?

Do you guys/gals ride in the rain? If so, What do you recommend wearing for the trip?

I don't plan on riding in the rain unless its a life threatening emergency and I have to get away from the zombies or I'm a 1 year riding veteran....and I have to get away from the zombies. :D:D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Rain , rain, rain. I dont mind getting alittle wet for 75mpg. I ride rain or shine. And as long as its above 36F. I just wear my leathers, and yes i put on mud flaps on a sport bike to keep all the dirt and mud off my bike and my back.
If you do a fender elimnator expect your back to get soaked. Im sure you riders out there know what im talking about.

Sun were is it. Not here

·
Registered
999 Posts
If it wasn't for riding in the rain, my bike would never get washed. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
ya ya.. boo hoo hoo. no sympathy from me. welcome to my world where its rainy
gloomy cloudy and dark for months on end here in the pacific north west :)

its so bad we rename the month of may to Movember and june to junuary

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was mad too. Called for rain all week but I said screw it and rode everyday. Glad bc I never saw a drop of rain. Gotta save money on gas so I will ride rain or shine when I can buy rain gear. And it's hot as Africa here in NC. Sweat through two t shirts today. Just got home from a lil bike meet. It finally felt good on the way home.

·
Registered
724 Posts
ya ya.. boo hoo hoo. no sympathy from me. welcome to my world where its rainy
gloomy cloudy and dark for months on end here in the pacific north west :)

its so bad we rename the month of may to Movember and june to junuary

Yep, you got that right. I am already dreading the start of college football and NFL season cause the 6 month monsoons are on the way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Back when I took my MSF class, it was the first time I've ever touched a bike, it rained the entire first day out on the course. The cold wind didn't help either!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I always ride in the rain. Good gear is the key.
I rode my FZ1 300 miles in the rain through Missouri last sunday, on my way home from Arkansas.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i am not kidding that it been raining alot. was looking at the stats. so far this year we are at day 121. of those 121 days (jan.feb.mar.apr and 4 days in may) it rained 85 of those days :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think everyone must be wet. I am by TBC and I have been doing a lot of wet riding here too. It would be a lot better if I had proper rain gear.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am not kidding that it been raining alot. was looking at the stats. so far this year we are at day 121. of those 121 days (jan.feb.mar.apr and 4 days in may) it rained 85 of those days :)
Holy Jeebus, man 85 days? not in a row I hope. In that case I might as well keep my fender stock but then again if its raining my back is going to get wet either way i guess.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I normally wouldn't ride in the morning leaving home if it was raining going to work. Just didn't like being wet all day. But I didn't mind riding in the rain, in Florida it rains allot in the afternoons especially. I rode once for 190 miles in a massive downpour which wasn't bad, but really wet.

My Triumph jacket had a removable rain cover that fit in a pocket on the back of the jacket. The pocket also held my rain pants, so I always had my gear with me if I needed it. I also have a full one-piece rain suit which I would wear if I knew I was going to ride a long distance in rain or cold.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Man, I would welcome a day or two of good, hard rain, just to wash off the roads. We've still got sand on some of the intersections from the last snowfall, which was over a month ago. Still, who am I to complain, other than the occasional day with high winds, the weather here in northern New Mexico has been nothing short of perfect for riding.

Today's Forecast: CBR ride this morning, XR400R ride this afternoon in the Santa Fe National Forest. Life is good.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Well boys, I woke up to SNOW this morning:mad::( Aarghh! Depressing

·
Registered
534 Posts
^^WOW, that really sucks. Snow in May?? How far north in BC do you live? Even PA doesn't have THAT crazy of weather! LOL. I've rode in the rain once so far but had my rain gear on so it wasn't bad at all.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^^WOW, that really sucks. Snow in May?? How far north in BC do you live? Even PA doesn't have THAT crazy of weather! LOL. I've rode in the rain once so far but had my rain gear on so it wasn't bad at all.

BTW...lol....I don't live in BC. I live directly by Banff. Someone, who shall remain nameless, decided I live in BC:D

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
There is a reason why Canada will let anyone in with a few bucks in their wallet. J/k.
No kidding. I'd move in a heart beat to a warm temperate climate. I despise the cold. Even when it rains here it is cold and miserable. :mad:

·
Registered
534 Posts
BTW...lol....I don't live in BC. I live directly by Banff. Someone, who shall remain nameless, decided I live in BC:D
Oh I thought I saw somewhere besides that morons post that you lived in BC. Still pretty much anywhere in canada makes even PA look like the tropics! LOL I wouldn't go too warm though because I lived in FL for 14 years and the constant heat and hugh humididty is horrible down there! I MUCH prefer living somewhere with seasons. Sometimes PA gets a litle too cold too so I'd LOVE to live in southern VA or western NC because that's some beautiful country but and they still have seasons but just not as harsh winters.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts