Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2011 Hyosung GT250 street bike, another competitor to Honda, stepping into the 250cc bike class.

This year there are many new additions to the quarter liter class.
well heres the review from Motorcyle.com.

2011 Hyosung GT250 Review - Motorcycle.com

in ,my opion this bike is amazing yet.. give it a few more years and they'll have some serious competition. Which then ninja will really have a run for their money.

·
Registered
99 Posts
neither am i, i much prefer a bike with fairings, naked bikes just seem too revealed.

Anyone have a picture of this bike with fairings?

·
Registered
131 Posts
agree with the faring statement from everyone above.

Farings make such a big difference in the bikes appearance. I might be wrong, but farings help a bike be more aerodynamic, right? I would think so, it looks like they help a bike cut through the wind easier.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, fairing gives more aerodynamic to the bike. Also true that it helps cut through the wind easily.
But what about cross winds? It's not the same. Certain faired bikes are not very stable during cross winds.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, fairing gives more aerodynamic to the bike. Also true that it helps cut through the wind easily.
But what about cross winds? It's not the same. Certain faired bikes are not very stable during cross winds.
Yes, Thats what i thought. I think farings help a bit when it comes to cross winds, but obviously thats probably not the purpose for them.

Thats a good question. What can be done to combat cross winds on a motorcycle? anyone have an idea on this? I think the motorcycles in the professional racing series have something to help them with cross winds, not sure what

·
Registered
118 Posts

Its hard to know, unless we some how add wind deflectors on the side of the bike.

Cross winds will always be our downfall as rides, well with light bikes or even with really heavy cross winds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts