Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
It will apparently use the same engine as the new NC700S and NC700X. Appears to be a very fuel efficient engine. See here:

New Honda NC700S and NC700X Revealed – Efficient, Practical and Fun « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

While the scooter looks good - I think the NC700 siblings would be more appealing for me.

Even more appealing though - would be if Piaggio chose to swap their new 330cc 2012 Vespa Beverly engine in an Aprilia RS4-125 frame. 33.3 hp in a lightweight frame. Yes. The Beverly is supposed to be more fuel efficient too (do I smell a trend here?) and claimed figures suggest it will be achieving similar economy to the CBR250R.

Cycle World

Mike

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looks like it will compete directly with the Yamaha TMAX. These big scooters arent cheap. You can buy 2 CBR250R for the price of one TMAX if you do a MSRP comparison.

·
Registered
256 Posts
"Even more appealing though - would be if Piaggio chose to swap their new 330cc 2012 Vespa Beverly engine in an Aprilia RS4-125 frame. 33.3 hp in a lightweight frame. Yes. The Beverly is supposed to be more fuel efficient too (do I smell a trend here?) and claimed figures suggest it will be achieving similar economy to the CBR250R."

Please apply for a job with the Piaggio Corporation!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts