Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My deposit still sits waiting for the red ABS but I might have to ask for my deposit back.

Just bought, wait for it, a 2008 V-Star 250 cruiser no less! I can't stand to watch riding season go by without a fuel efficient, light weight, fun bike to cruise an hour to work on & an hour to get home. The woman I bought it from had a whole 2150 miles on it & I'm giving her just about the same in dollars. It is just broke in & very clean. I may just enjoy it while I wait for the Honda. Would it be a crime to have three? My wife may think so.

I told her good think I didn't want a new liter bike. With both 250's I won't have spent 10 big ones.

·
281 Posts
Kutter! I think you did the right thing...and you may want to take your wife out for a special dinner...her choice. That abs cbr may not come for a long time plus you got such a good deal that you can always re-sell it without much or any loss........and most importantly you are riding ...now.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the encouragement! My wife was upset I spent 2 grand & I said "but its 3 grand less than I would spend on the CBR" & she said "yea, but you could have made affordable payments."

I guess that means I'll just let my deposit ride & when the red ABS comes in I'll just finance it since $150 payments are easy to handle. :rolleyes: Now I'm hoping it is a while before it lands so the smoke clears. I'll also have to work up the argument that our 17 yr old needs to learn on something, & it won't be my vintage bike or the Honda. The V-star 250 is a great little beginner bike they say. She wouldn't want his 1st bike to be some 600cc rocket bike :eek:, now would she? :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Few things in life more drool-worthy than a stable of bikes. Still keep the cbr 250 in the forefront. Found out mine has arrived and it is the abs...dealership even sent me a picture of it just out of the crate. Pick it up on Friday.......YIPEE. Patience seems to have paid off...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I wouldn't say you caved in. If what you want is not available when you want it, you get something else that comes close.

The CBR250R seems to have ignited a market niche that has been pretty much ignored for a while. The limited supply suggests that demand was not anticipated by Honda.

The bike was developed by Honda's outfit in Thailand. It is manufactured here and seems to be selling well in Thailand, where it is not seen as a beginner bike, learner bike or whatever you like to call it (wrongly in my opinion) in Western countries. Assembly (manufacture?) was also planned for India.

How autonomous has Honda in Thailand been in the development, marketing and distribution of the CBR250R?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts