Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There I am, stopped at a red light...light turns green. I'm about to take off and boom! rear ended by a guy in a 2005 mazda 3. Ran All the way up my tire and fender. basically destroyed all that plastic back there. I've only had my bike for 10 days.

I'm ok, Just jammed my thumb. index and middle fingers. Was fine at first. 3 hours late my whole **** hand is swollen. the bike took most of the impact though.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Glad you alive. Make sure you got to the doctor. I got in motorcycle accident along time ago. Hand swelled up, came to find out 2 days later my thumb was broke.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Glad you're relatively ok. Bikes can be rebuilt or replaced. idiots are everywhere.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Awful news. Getting rear-ended is pretty hard to avoid. Here in Arizona, we had massacre a couple of years ago where a dump truck driver on meth took out a whole bunch of bikers waiting at a stoplight. Up to one-fifth of motorcycle accidents are rear-Enders in my state. I'm not sure what a rider can do about it.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
323 Posts
See, now this is why I run yellow lights! ;)

I'm glad you are ok. Too bad about the plastic, but that's no big deal.

I have only ever been hit from behind when stopped, in my car, never been hit on my bike. Once, I got hit three times in a week and a half. Well actually one guy was stopped in the left lane, I was stopped before I turned right and he drove into me! It's mostly my fault for stopping at red lights :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, glad I'm alive too,going to the hospital in the morning to get my hand checked out. Although its hurting more and more, So i'm typing with one hand. Its my first time being rear ended on a bike. Had I not been holding the front brake I would have went down for sure.The guy was an idiot, lol but at least he took full responsibility for it and got cited, and I have a hair salon full of witnesses. So I don't have to fight with his insurance company. Will update you on what happens next. I smell a hotbodies fender eliminator in the near future

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you alive. Make sure you got to the doctor. I got in motorcycle accident along time ago. Hand swelled up, came to find out 2 days later my thumb was broke.

I definitely will, its my thumb that hurts the most. Don't think its broken, maybe slightly fractured or bruised up real good

·
Registered
319 Posts
Im sorry but in the eyes of the world, You hit the cager.

No good man :(

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wow thats some bad luck but at least you were not badly hurt. Hope you get the bike fixed and get back on the road soon

·
Registered
158 Posts
eeek. tough luck. glad you got out only minorly scathed. but look on the bright side... this is the perfect time to get a fender eliminator!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok, generally speaking. It could have been much worse. As mentioned before, the bike can be repaired. I always watch my mirrors when I'm sitting at a light, waiting for the car behind to not stop. I've been trying to convey the importance of this to my fiance as a new rider. Maybe your story will help. Personally, if I'm behind another car, I stop to the left or right of them so I can pull up next to them if need be.

Post up some pics when you get it fixed up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad to hear you're ok, generally speaking. It could have been much worse. As mentioned before, the bike can be repaired. I always watch my mirrors when I'm sitting at a light, waiting for the car behind to not stop. I've been trying to convey the importance of this to my fiance as a new rider. Maybe your story will help. Personally, if I'm behind another car, I stop to the left or right of them so I can pull up next to them if need be.

Post up some pics when you get it fixed up.

You are right sir. I should have been checking my mirrors. I was literally just going around the cornor to get gas. Amzing how a wreck can happen anywhere. I always stop to the left of cars when I pull up behind at a light though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't let them fix your bike the subframe is most likely tweaked which if it bent the mounts on the frame even a tiny bit it's totaled. Just a heads up only ten days old make them buy you a new one. In the world of insurance 4500 isn't going to hurt them .

You do not want a 10 day ol bike fixed with a salvaged title...just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
504 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. Keep us updated on the hand. Hopefully it's just some plastic crushed on the bike and the frame isn't bent.

I practice looking into the rear mirror often like "jnilla" mentioned. This makes me realize just how much more attention I need to pay to my rear view mirrors at a light and everyone around me at all times.

Keep your eyes peeled everyone and be safe.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts