Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all the fairing the tank, broke off the right handle bar both mirrors and the radiator you can move the exaust with your hand too
just a bruised body and some hurt pride but have full cov and gap so it should be alright

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Geez ya did a good job on that one!.. not too many bits left.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That blows man. Glad you're OK though. Generally if there's no frame damage insurance won't total it, but some companies are different than others. Parts for this bike are cheap though, so I'd visit the local dealer with a list of brokenness and see what the total is gonna be, it might not be as much as you think and it could help if insurance decides not to total the bike.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The parts damage is always way way worse than you think,
And look at that one, Fairings & tank would cost more than the bike does.

here in Oz they'll write a bike off for a simple fall over on one side.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry to hear it...and hope insurance is painless for you. Gravel on asphalt sux -- I was on a road today that was worn asphalt (all pebbled) and you couldn't tell what was solid and what was gravel. SLOW going.

Glad you're mostly ok, though.

Could be a prime 'naked' conversion project... If you had the time and motivation...

·
Registered
681 Posts
That sucks... it looks totaled for sure. :(

I'm glad your ok though. Bikes are replaceable.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Was this in the county? City? Gravel road nearby or just loose asphalt dust. How fast? Glad your ok dude.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The bike can be replaced but you cant, so give thanks to GOD that you were not seriously hurt or perhaps worse!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Glad you are ok man. Hope you get a replacement soon.
Can you tell us what protective gear you were wearing and how it helped? Thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
The parts damage is always way way worse than you think,
And look at that one, Fairings & tank would cost more than the bike does.

here in Oz they'll write a bike off for a simple fall over on one side.
Fairings are under $200 and I don't think the tank is that much. But if the frame is scratched I would bet they total it just in case it's got more frame damage.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good thing you're OK.
I'd also like to know how fast you were going to produce that level of damage.
Also - how much you ultimately get from the insurance company and the annual cost of the collision portion of your insurance.
I dropped my old Nighthawk 750 twice on gravel and although that thing was heavy and a bit clumsy you could hardly tell it had been dropped unless it was a really bad drop.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Fairings are under $200 and I don't think the tank is that much. But if the frame is scratched I would bet they total it just in case it's got more frame damage.
$140 apiece for fairings and gas tank before added shipping costs.,..I would say replacing all parts that need replacing that I can see in the photos will probably run $5-$600..maybe more....its the labor intensive repair that is going to hurt..$70 an hour racks up fast...heck man..dealers charge $300 just to change the oil and check valves...if its 2/3 cost of the bike total....insurance adjuster will total it for sure..even then you will just get book value (depreciated value) so be prepared to shell out even more $ if you want to buy a new one with more sales tax,doc fees ect ...ect..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts