Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
... i would suggest/request you guys to do the pressure test on another CBR250R as I don't have the tools, in this way we can clear fact about pressure drop in our bike.
Vishal993 Thank you very much for your help.
Of course, it is NOT worth checking and disassembling and touching the engine if there is no fault that requires it. But if there are volunteers for testing, you will be blessed. Or anyone who bring us qualified information about "Pressure Drop in the Fuel Hose 2 sec After Switch ON (Engine OFF)", will also be blessed.
It's Normal OR it's a Problem???

I bought: Two quick-fuel line connectors with a diameter of 6.35, male and female, an extension hose for a bicycle air pressure pump, a T-manifold, and a fuel hose.
(I had a tire pressure gauge and I took out from it the one-way valve).
...And connected tha all parts like this:

Another short video I made on the subject
"DIY fuel pressure gauge":

The easiest way is a quick T connector, but I did not find one sized 1/4 "(6.35mm). The item in the picture is sized 0.31" (7.89mm):

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Today I raised my question on Partzilla YouTube channel, on John Talley live broadcast, and you will find John's answer at 7:58: In his opinion this is a problem.
Thank you John!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
That's what need to be figure it out.
YES, the issue should continue "need to be figure it out".
There is a possibility of a combined problem:
1. (👎)A pressure leak (something internal in the pump parts that are inside the fuel tank?).
2. Or that:
difficulty starting is most likely IAT.
Since the engine has no problem accelerating nicely at high rpm, I assume the pressure drop problem due to some internal leakage in the pump structure is a possibility that has already been sustained (ruled out👎). The pressure drop in this particular model is normal.

Additional opinions are welcome, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
That's what need to be figure it out.
Due Diligence: John (Partzilla) have an amazing and helpful show, and I love it very much!!! John did not get the full picture from me, because during his live broadcast you can write him a message limited to 200 characters. John answered what you(Vishal993) and I understood, this is the default: Building pre-pressure to help engine starting. It turns out that our model does not have a unidirectional valve, and the pressure drops from the maximum to 0psi within about 60 seconds. During that time a certain pressure is maintained in the fuel hose and helps to efficiency the engine starting. There for, in the motorcycle tec book we find the usual guidelines for "FUEL PRESSURE RELIEVING" (p. 5-33):
Motor vehicle Font Paper History Paper product

In the motorcycle tec book there are no instructions for testing the pressure drop in the condition of the engine off, this is my personal initiative, because I understand, so are professional mechanics, that such a test is required. Well, now there is my test🧐. It turns out that this test is neither important nor relevant to our model and the normal response to that not relevant test is:
In the engine off there is a full pressure drop within about 60 seconds.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Today I tested the Honda Innova125i(2010), there is no significantly pressure drop there.
That's why I still see the issue open !!!
I return to the initial argument: The pressure should will be maintained, certainly not go down so fast to zero.
To be continued...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I am happy to update that the main problem has been found, the solution has also been found.
The secondary problem: DannoXYZ was right (Thanks!!!),
...difficulty starting is mosy likely IAT...
SO I also replaced the SENSOR SET 16060-KYJ-901 unit (https://www.super-bikers.com/)- 51.26USD does not include shipping.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

The Main Problem - the fuel pump has failed, in this case the failure:
The pressure regulator that is built-in the pump (An integral part of it), this regulator stopped regulating pressure, and the pressure rose from 43PSI to 46PSI.
Light Product Tool Hand tool Font

As a result of constant increase in the pressure, the Pressure Relief Valve eroded and stopped sealing pressures smaller than 43 PSI.
Household hardware Gas Rim Font Automotive tire

At this point it was possible to feel the problem (Not a good starting), and also to measure the problem (Measure the Decreased Pressure), which was the decrease in pressure I measured (Link to YouTube).

The Solution: Replace both the pump and the valve.
These parts do not have a separate Honda part number, but you can buy the pump for the Honda Innova 125(16700-KTM-305 ), which costs only 214USD at MOTOSP.COM, then disassemble the two parts from the INNOVA PUMP and transfer them to the body that fits the CBR model.
Photograph Light Blue Camera lens Drinkware

A complete NEW pump for the CBR costs 418USD (16700-KYJ-901 at PARTZILLA.COM)
More options: buy non-original parts, and I will attach examples of this as well:
Honda CBR 250 R 13 Fuel Pump Parts at Wemoto - The UK's No.1 On-Line Motorcycle Parts Retailer
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Auto part
Product Font Line Screenshot Parallel

21 - 28 of 28 Posts