Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I’m excited to get my 2013 CBR250r…this is a great Forum!
Yes, this forum is great but it used to be way, way more active back in the day. Obviously, CBR250R is no longer made and quite a few original members moved on to some other bikes, so I suppose it's a natural progression for a model-specific forum such as this. It's good to see that some original members are still lurking around here, though, even after around a decade later.

I'm currently in Japan, but I was originally based out of Southern California. Back in the day, through this forum, quite a few of us in SoCal organized CBR250R group ride meetups. If you are in the know, we went up riding the GMR in Angeles National Forest, for example. 2 members in the original CBR250R group ride actually went on to obtain a racing license and, if I remember correctly, started racing in WERA sanctioned races.

An interesting thing about the CBR250R ownership profile is that quite a few experienced riders love riding this little bike. So, it's quite common to see total beginners as well as very experienced riders in the group of CBR250R owners.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Had fun ride doing loops up & down hill in Yarnell this weekend. Has separate tight 1-lane downhill and fast 2-lane uphill. So you can use entire road and not worry about opposing traffic. There was CBR250R, CBR500R and CBR1000RR on this ride. Guy with CBR250R was WOT entire way uphill!

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Sky Ecoregion Azure Cloud Terrain

Wheel Tire Jeans Vehicle Fuel tank

Sky Mountain Plant community Natural landscape Bedrock

Attachments

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
317 Posts
Yes, this forum is great but it used to be way, way more active back in the day.
The founders did a great great job, it's an excellent forum. Maybe the end of an era is also the beginning of another era?
The subject of Do-It-Yourself movies on YouTube has evolved greatly since 2011 ... and it continues to evolve

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought a bunch of mini traffic cones and am taking my little brother to practice emergency manuevers and low speed turns when they get here. Practice helps a lot! For the longest time I was scared of low speed turns and terrified of going full lock without keeping my feet down. Just an hour of practice and I was doing full lock turns somewhat comfortably. My little brother needs training on emergency braking and avoidance especially, he has crashed two times recently. Of course all of the advanced rider courses are gone or unavailable for who knows how long, that isn't an option. Time to pass my skills on to him instead.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts