Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've started commuting on the 250R, what are some suggestions for the smallest, sleekest tail bag available for our bikes? just need to be able to put a sandwich and maybe a baseball cap in the tail bag to take lunch to work.

thoughts?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kriega US10 (US means universal system).

US-10 DryBag - Kriega

The best thing about these bags is that you can fit them on the tank or on one of their rucksacks.

They fit nicely onto the pillion seat.
Not cheap but they are very well made and have a 10 year guarantee.

David.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
How 'bout a backpack?

I had the same issue and ended up with this basic JanSport backpack. I soon discovered it made a very convenient hands-free way to carry my riding supplies too. It's now my designated "bike bag" that I grab every time I go out riding anywhere. It's also super convenient when you want to pick up a thing or two from the store on the way home.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could look into "Fastpac". straps to your rear set, collapses so that it looks nearly sleek with the original seat, and expands so that you can carry/store things in it. I recommend it. I haz one too.

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
i've started commuting on the 250R, what are some suggestions for the smallest, sleekest tail bag available for our bikes? just need to be able to put a sandwich and maybe a baseball cap in the tail bag to take lunch to work.

thoughts?
What kind of sandwich are we talking about here?

Also, what about the possibility that you may want some extra room for chips and perhaps a cookie or two. Some kind of fresh fruit would be a good choice too. ;)

Seriously though, this is what I'm using:

DSCN1175.jpg

DSCN1174.jpg

Here's a useful thread that has a lot of good information on this particular tail bag: http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-parts-accessories/4684-ogio-tail-bag.html

·
Registered
318 Posts
I place my lunches in a glass tupperware that use tight lids to make sure nothing spills out, since I do end up putting everything in a backpack. I've even brought soups and stews in this fashion, with little-to-no spilling trouble; if having them on their side seems to be your concern. Just place the tupperware in a ziplock or plastic bag for added measure!

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
I place my lunches in a glass tupperware that use tight lids to make sure nothing spills out, since I do end up putting everything in a backpack. I've even brought soups and stews in this fashion, with little-to-no spilling trouble; if having them on their side seems to be your concern. Just place the tupperware in a ziplock or plastic bag for added measure!
Glass?

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
I had the same issue and ended up with this basic JanSport backpack. I soon discovered it made a very convenient hands-free way to carry my riding supplies too. It's now my designated "bike bag" that I grab every time I go out riding anywhere. It's also super convenient when you want to pick up a thing or two from the store on the way home.

How many sandwiches do you think you could get into that pack, Rusty?... I'm thinking at least 6, maybe 8 of those Subway twelve inch subs.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Haha, plastic works too. Just my preference since glass doesn't stain and is easier to clean. :D
....and break and shattered....

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
How many sandwiches do you think you could get into that pack, Rusty?... I'm thinking at least 6, maybe 8 of those Subway twelve inch subs.
It started as needing to take a sandwich or 12, but slowly drifted into needing my bike paraphernalia with me for various circumstances. My "bike bag" has the following items in it at all times...
  • sunglasses
  • riding gloves
  • headache medicine
  • cable lock
  • passenger handle-belt
  • terrycloth
I also have plenty of room for water, food, and light shopping.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Similar to Rusty I use a backpack, the contents of which include:

- 13 " laptop and power adaptor
- files
- work shoes
- 900 mm sheathed bike chain and heavy duty padlock

Most days I pick up a sandwich (or two) on the fly.

Because my riding suit is all black I cover the pack with a high vis sheath to help stop getting rear-ended at night.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
430 Posts
I also use a backpack. Mine is the Icon Old Skool backpack- Icon Old Skool Backpack - Casual - Motorcycle Superstore

I like it because of the snap in the mid-chest region to make sure I don't have to worry about a shoulder strap slipping down my shoulder/arm as I ride. Also, the front of the shoulder straps have a strip of reflective material on them. I can fit my riding pants (when I get to work) or a couple groceries in it comfortably.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm looking into getting Tourmaster Select Tail bag to hold my lunches and other things. 23 Liters of space is fairly large with works for me and also slim.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts