Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the CBR250R will have pretty frequent maintenance intervals being a single cylinder and all? It'll spend a lot of its life spinning pretty quickly, too. It just seems like a lot of stress for that engine. I tried looking up the intervals on Honda's site but couldn't find anything. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out once CBR250's make it to dealerships and, ultimately, people's hands.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're probably right, but the CBR250R is built in Thailand. Who knows how that's going to turn out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
theyve been building bikes in thailand for a pretty long time already so i wouldnt worry too much. plus its not that hard to work on bike anyway. now imagine have to change the same part on a car will usually take 10 times as long as it would take you to do it on a bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you think the CBR250R will have pretty frequent maintenance intervals being a single cylinder and all? It'll spend a lot of its life spinning pretty quickly, too. It just seems like a lot of stress for that engine. I tried looking up the intervals on Honda's site but couldn't find anything. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out once CBR250's make it to dealerships and, ultimately, people's hands.

From what I've read, this bike is understressed, and newbie friendly so I doubt service intervals will be excessive.

The Thai factory was Honda's first -- in operation since the 1960s.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Should be about average. The CBR is designed for entry level right? What newb wants to screw around with maintenance every 6 months or what not?

I'm sure H thought of that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Even the fuel filter is placed outside the gas tank to make maintenance simpler. Im guessing valve adjustment intervals will be long too.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
You're probably right, but the CBR250R is built in Thailand. Who knows how that's going to turn out.
Honda motorbikes have been produced in Thailand for the past 55 years.

The US bikes will produced by the Indian plant. Which is a lot newer. So I'd be more worried about that. :D

In fact they cocked it up already and are yet to get the production line working, so the first bikes in all the markets, USA included will be produced in the Thai plant, which is why supply is so far behind the demand.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Even the fuel filter is placed outside the gas tank to make maintenance simpler.
Virtually everything about the CBR is user-friendly. They even put the lambda bung on the exhaust mold to make it extra easy to change your whole exhaust system without having to worry about the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i just think Honda's approach on this bike was a very user friendly service. I believe it was their intentions for even the newest of riders to be able to service their bikes easily without having to go through many technicalities and etc. That it was just to be a very simple quick fun and extremely easy to maintain bike.

·
281 Posts
From what I have read, service will be easy and relatively inexpensive. And all the cheaper if you do it yourself. Also, my understanding is the current plant in India as well as a second plant coming on stream later in 2011 will supply CBR250's to India as well as Central and South America. All U.S. production will come out of Thailand.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Honda motorbikes have been produced in Thailand for the past 55 years.

The US bikes will produced by the Indian plant. Which is a lot newer. So I'd be more worried about that. :D

In fact they cocked it up already and are yet to get the production line working, so the first bikes in all the markets, USA included will be produced in the Thai plant, which is why supply is so far behind the demand.
In India, they have started production. But here in India, Honda is a good reputed maker of bikes. So even if the bikes for US come from India or from Thailand, rest assured, its going to be dependable.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Valve maintenance is advertised to once at 600 miles, & not again till 16,000 miles. that's pretty infrequent. Oil changes would be pretty standard. They designed this machine to need little maintenance.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Dont think maintenence will be any more than any other bike. And as stated the bike is user friendly. Everything is easy to get to and should be no big deal when the time does come.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I read US production will come from Thailand period. Where did anyone hear US products would come from India.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Valve maintenance is advertised to once at 600 miles, & not again till 16,000 miles. that's pretty infrequent. Oil changes would be pretty standard. They designed this machine to need little maintenance.
16,000 miles between valve clearance check and adjustment is what I read in a motorcycle mag too. The 600 mile check is standard with most motorcycles and the MOST important one.

I read 8,000 miles between oil changes which I thought was rather extreme. But if that's what Honda recommends . . .

Since it's a single the only other maintenance will be lubing the chain and swapping out the fuel filter. Talk about user friendly:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
I read US production will come from Thailand period. Where did anyone hear US products would come from India.
Well I dont think its finalised as of now. India will be becoming a manufacturing hub along with Honda Thailand, for all bikes including CBR250R. So the possibility of it coming from India cannot be ruled out. At present, Thailand is the sole bread winner for CBR250R all over the world. The Indian plant is facing shortage in giving Indian customers the bike, it can definitely dream of selling it to other countries, atleast in the coming months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After the 1000klm service will change the oil at 5000 klm then every 5000 klms. Oil filter at every 10000 klms. Oil is not really expensive for this bike and after all it is the life blood of your engine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts