Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if theres any parts I can buy or any chips I could mess with, (anything) that would make my bike faster. Topping out in the 80's isn't what I had in mind for my first motorcycle.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It's a 250 designed for low maintenance. It will never go a lot faster.

(Get a fast one for your third bike. Your skills will be up to the bike and you avoid squidliness.)

·
Registered
455 Posts
there is a lot you can do if you want to invest the amount you already spent on the bike back into it.

A little more speed. will cost you about 2 grand.

A Lot more speed will cost you about 5 grand.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Does anyone know if theres any parts I can buy or any chips I could mess with, (anything) that would make my bike faster. Topping out in the 80's isn't what I had in mind for my first motorcycle.
80's? I don't know about you, but I've topped mine out many times at 94-95 mph tucking. That's plenty fast enough for me. All I have is just a slip on exhaust. Houston is pretty flat and this is normally on days with zero to no wind. I'm 6'1" and weight 175.

·
Registered
504 Posts
what can i do?
You should be getting into the low 90's the way it is now.

It depends on how serious you are about making it faster and how deep your pockets are.

I'd start out with a slip-on or full out exhaust, your choice of manufacturer. That will get you another 1.8 hp and about another 1.5 of tq.

Learn to tuck.

I doubt you'll really squeeze that much more out of the bike with reprogramming.

Maybe with a different camshafts (good luck find someone to who can grind one for the CBR), shave the cylinder head down to bump up the compression to run on 91-93 octane.

Or you can try a supercharger or a turbo. There's a link on here to a supercharger kit. $4K. You could fab up your own turbo kit. Or you can just spray it with some nitrous.

One you start getting into those horsepower ranges, 40+ hp, good luck on other things not falling apart or the clutch slipping. Once you beef up one part of the bike, you have to beef up others to be able to handle the upgrades.

Good luck

·
Registered
455 Posts
what can i do?
option 1
Full system
Bazzaz FCU
Dyno Tune
Gearing change

this will give you more top end but the engine doesnt have the horses to pull there fast. Its a slow pull.

option 2
Find that guy that is doing the turbo kits for 3500 and do that. He posted a link the other day to his kits.
that should push you into the 40-50 HP range and your bike will be laying it down then.

option 3..
Buy a 600
You can mod the 250 as much as it can possibly be modded and a stock 600 will still eat you up.
My 600 is laying around 116 HP with simple mods.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Buy a faster bike. Or accept that you will be slow. Not worth modding for a bit of performance.

I can top off on the 90s, I never need to go that speed however. Seems unnecessary for the street.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
$200 on rider training is a far better proposition, you will be cornering faster than you ever thought possible.

·
Registered
455 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts