Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

I need more speed!

29K views 65 replies 34 participants last post by  etiainen 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if theres any parts I can buy or any chips I could mess with, (anything) that would make my bike faster. Topping out in the 80's isn't what I had in mind for my first motorcycle.

#7 ·
there is a lot you can do if you want to invest the amount you already spent on the bike back into it.

A little more speed. will cost you about 2 grand.

A Lot more speed will cost you about 5 grand.

#13 ·
You should be getting into the low 90's the way it is now.

It depends on how serious you are about making it faster and how deep your pockets are.

I'd start out with a slip-on or full out exhaust, your choice of manufacturer. That will get you another 1.8 hp and about another 1.5 of tq.

Learn to tuck.

I doubt you'll really squeeze that much more out of the bike with reprogramming.

Maybe with a different camshafts (good luck find someone to who can grind one for the CBR), shave the cylinder head down to bump up the compression to run on 91-93 octane.

Or you can try a supercharger or a turbo. There's a link on here to a supercharger kit. $4K. You could fab up your own turbo kit. Or you can just spray it with some nitrous.

One you start getting into those horsepower ranges, 40+ hp, good luck on other things not falling apart or the clutch slipping. Once you beef up one part of the bike, you have to beef up others to be able to handle the upgrades.

Good luck

#32 · (Edited)
Buy a faster bike X 1000. I got to ride a R6, FZ8 and FZ6R over the weekend at a Yamaha demo event. No amount of money spent on the 250r will come close remotely close to catching up or within a country mile on a straight with the above 3 bikes I tried.

Oh a side note the
R6- total torture rack, I took 2 20 mins rides on it and needed a massage. Nice motor, really peaky, not easy to ride, pay attention while you are on it

FZ8- most fun in a bike I've had in Years, velvet motor, terrific handling that hides it weight. Would love to own one

FZ6R- very vanilla, buzzy in the foot pegs, not impressed.

#23 ·
^haha aware. yeah OP you picked the wrong bike and the wrong forum if you wanted a drag bike. take aufitts advice and become a better rider so the world made be rid of squiliness!! :D its a fine bike if you turn hard and learn good body positioning. you wont have to go anywhere near 80 in a canyon.

#24 · (Edited)
SPEED - If you have enough $$,$$$.$$, 100+ MPH is Available.

Greetings GBLiquid,

If you want one of the fastest 250, Stock Production Motorcycle for All Purpose Riding. Your online Research, didn't list this 250.

As the Ole Saying Goes, Speed is not Cheap.

But, if your Heart is set on owning a Honda 250 that will exceed 100+ MPH. Check out the New MotoGP3 Motorcycle.

The following Information is courtsey of :
Honda Unveils Moto3 NSF250R at Catalunya - Motorcycle USA

Honda NSF250R
MotoGP3 Engine Performance.
Maximum power(kW/rpm): 35.5/13,000 - (47.6 HP/13,000)
Maximum torque (Nm/rpm): 28.0/10,500 - (20.65 lb ft/10,500)
Engine: Liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC Single
Displacement: 249.3cc
Bore/Stroke (mm): 78.0×52.2
Maximum power(kW/rpm): 35.5/13,000
Maximum torque (Nm/rpm): 28.0/10,500
Transmission: Six-Speed Constant mesh
Gear Ratio: 1st 1.875; 2nd 1.524; 3rd 1.304;
4th 1.167; 5th 1.077; 6th 1.000
Frame: Aluminum twin tube
Wheelbase (m): 1.219 (48.0 in.)
Ground Clearance (m): 0.107 (4.21 in.)
Seat Height (m): 0.729 (28.7 in.)
Caster Angle (degrees) :22°36″
Curb Weight (kg) : 84 (185.2 lbs)
Fuel Capacity (l): 11 (2.9 gal.)
Fueling: PGM-FI
Ignition: Full-transistor
Clutch: Wet multiplate
Tire Size: Front: 90/580R17
Rear:120/600R17
Rim Size: Front 2.50-17; Rear 3.50-17
Brakes: Front - Hydraulic disc - Diameter: 296
Rear: Hydraulic disc - Diameter 186
Suspension: Front: Inverted telescopic fork
Rear: Pro-link suspension system

Sales of the new road racing motorcycle are planned to start in December 2011. Initial MSRP is 23,600 Euros (U.S. $34,070).

#25 ·
Man I wish they would offer that engine in the current bike as a CBR 250RR! And instead of leaving the US out like the original 250RR include us in the sales this time! That would be a wicked little 250 road bike. Might even give some not so great 600 riders a good run.

#33 ·
Why did you buy a new 250 then?

For the same money you could have bought a much faster 2nd hand bike that would easily top the ton, and then some. Great for an inexperienced rider to have a statistically higher higher chance of a maiming or death, which is probably not the concern of a bullet proof youth.

Better still, learn to ride slow on quarter litre before you try the fast hardware.... and better use that on a track where you can really hone your go fast skills.

#36 ·
First bike,
he can only get 80mph out of a bike that can do 100 with very few simple mods, setup and a decent rider onboard....
and he want to go faster in a straight line :eek:

Erm.. no... he is not ready.

Bad advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.