Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, Here is my story. I had been researching the CBR 250r for about 1 month and decided to call the dealer in my area on June 27th as a lot of folks on here mentioned that they were being told that Honda had been dropping the hint that they were going to ship a batch to dealers on June 26th. I called around 3pm on the 27th, got a hold of a salesman and told him I was looking for one. He agreed that they were in very short supply and they were going to get some any day. He took my name and phone# and said he would call me when they got one. At 5:15, two hours after I called, I got a voicemail message saying that Honda's delivery truck just dropped 2 off at the dealer! He said that one already had a deposit and the other one was still available. The next day at lunch I went down and put down my deposit. By June 30th they got the bike built and I had all the paperwork in order and I went down and picked it up. Here it is!:D

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny how some people just get lucky...I've been waiting since March. My dealer finally is to get his only two units (non-ABS 1 red and 1 black) anyday.

The truck was to be here this past Monday but we're still waiting for it. He has contacted Honda but in today's world there is no service or follow through...still has no answer from Honda.

Man if I ran my business like that I'd be out of business! Anyway I'm looking forward to getting my red CBR when it gets here.

David

·
Registered
681 Posts
I only waited a little over a month. It's hard to beat 2 hours!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Your nice pics have sold me on the Red.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice pix.
bet the cool nights are really nice riding at night in Maine.
I have not been night riding yet, too many bugs and this time of year it's not dark until after 9:00. The morning ride to work is so refreshing, I throw on a sweatshirt (also helmet, gloves, boots) and the cool breeze feels great! What a way to wake up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your nice pics have sold me on the Red.
It is crazy at how many people look at the bike and comment on how nice it looks "man you must have paid a lot for that" they say not really knowing that it is Honda's entry level bike (in the USA). Funny that it seems to be a lot of old men:confused: making comments! "Now THAT'S a Honda!" some old guy said to me.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I've been waiting for mine since May..it's supposed to be here next week...(it was also supposed to be here at the end of june) I am glad for you but at the same time it angers me that you didnt even have to to sit around think about it and want it but not able to get it for not even a day.....I am really pi$$ed that I have such a poor,sucky (powerhouse)-? dealer....and they are the only ones within 100 miles of here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts