Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Too bad our new 250r bikes can't sound like the old 250rr fireblade bikes. :( No aftermarket exhaust on our bikes can duplicate that throaty sound. 45 hp would have been nice too.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but you have to admit that sound on the older 250rr is hot. My bike is plenty quick for my needs.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Beeeuuutifulll:eek::p I'm drooling all over myself:D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^

All of the above, - 1.

·
Registered
354 Posts
too bad an air cooled volkswagen does not sound like a dodge hemi. Or maybe an rd400 should sound like a kawi 900.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Does anybody know by any chance what the Inline 4 250RR's got for gas mileage?? Kinda curious. I'd imagine quite poor at 20,000rpms. LOL

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Big difference between a 250cc 4 cylinder that revs to 20,000 RPMs and a 250cc single that makes peak power below 9,000 RPMs.

All depends on what you are looking for. A 250/4 needs to be revved sky-high in order to do its job. That can get pretty annoying in day to day, stop light to stop light riding.

Completely different personalities. A 250/4 would be a lot of fun at the track or when the roads twisty though.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sorry but I would love more H.P. This bike is to slow for me.
I guess you need to get to the next stop light 2 secs quicker? :p Or perhaps your bike impounded by the police for getting caught at high speeds? IMO, when it comes to street riding big bikes are for posers. This bike is perfect for urban riding/commuting. The track is a different story tho.

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
So you could get the CBR600RR which averages 36-46 MPG
Honda CBR600RR MPG Reports | Fuelly
That is identical to the mileage of the 250RR
and gives me 60 additional horsepower.
CBR250RR MC19 and MC21 engines = 44 HP
CBR600RR = 104 HP

So if I was to spend my hard earned $$ on an inline 4 supersport, I would go straight
up to a 600 as it would give me over double the power output with the same fuel economy.
A 250 or 400 inline 4 would be a waste of money in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I agree that a bit more hp would be nice. It's not about getting to the next stoplight faster but it would help power through some of the cutting crosswinds that seem to bog it down. 45 mpg is good enough for the way it sounds.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Too bad our new 250r bikes can't sound like the old 250rr fireblade bikes. :( No aftermarket exhaust on our bikes can duplicate that throaty sound. 45 hp would have been nice too.
You can 'wish' all you want, or just go buy a 4cyl bike, they are plenty cheap enough.
A 250 4 cyl throaty? our thumper has a deeper tone with a carbon slipon.
ps ..that 45hp (claimed at the crank) does not necessarilly mean faster.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
You can 'wish' all you want, or just go buy a 4cyl bike, they are plenty cheap enough.
A 250 4 cyl throaty? our thumper has a deeper tone with a carbon slipon.
ps ..that 45hp (claimed at the crank) does not necessarilly mean faster.
I just love the sound of that 250rr, really, I could care less about the hp. We can only do the speed limit. I loved my former little 178cc scooter. Every slip on I've heard sounds like a souped up moped sound.
I know i'm in the minority but I actually prefer the stock exhaust over the slip ons out there. "To each his own."

·
Registered
13 Posts
That like comparing a 4 cylinder Honda Civic to a V8 Mustang. Two totally different engines that would make completely different sounds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts