Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone one..
Went on a solo long ride but while taking a turn bike lost all power... turn out that one wire was broken off...so i hot wired it and came back..
Issue is now i don't know which wire ( black and red) to be connected to which terminal ...
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting
Nail Thumb Auto part Wrist Automotive tire
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Nail Thumb Auto part Wrist Automotive tire

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,002 Posts
Hi
Maybe you'll find what you're missing in the next picture?
Purple Automotive lighting Font Magenta Audio equipment

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Kartu, just curious....
What year is your CBR?
ABS or not?
Do you have any ideas on what may have caused the break? Simple wear or something else?
This forum has been great over the years in revealing and identifying what are now "known issues" with the CBR.
Never heard of this one, but since I own a 2011 if it's some newly discovered wear issue, I'd like to be able to be on the lookout for it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Never heard of this one,
The wires of the central main switch at Kartu are cut.
Cut maybe to save work in disassembling the triangle that requires disconnection the connector of the main switch (let's say when you want to change the steering bearings, you have to take the triangle out)
Cut maybe by a thief,
Cut maybe by previous owners...
The question now** is not why they are cut (and put them back together carelessly), the question is which wire goes to where to restore the motorcycle to operation.
This type of problem is actually listed as a typical "known issues" for CBR(y)(y)(y)
  • It is related to the issue of theft,
  • it is related to the issue of replacing the main switch,
  • it is related to the issue of the diode,
  • and it is related to steering bearings replaced.
The forum has respectable and representative coverage for each of the topics / issues.
Isn't it?
Issue is now** i don't know which wire ( black and red) to be connected to which terminal ...
And after all that, the questions of Kartu can be unclear.
TrueFaith not all of us are native English speakers. I write here in international English and use Google translator, so misunderstandings can arise from time to time. Kartu question is not clear to me either. Because it doesn't seem to me that the answer:
"Black(+line red) to Black(+line red), and Red to Red, and Pink to Pink",
that's the answer he's looking for.
But I trying to help. It is what it is:)
Gesture Font Line Parallel Elbow

• Helpful
Reactions: Mory

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
I'm a little confused how a wire that caused his bike to stop functioning was "cut" in the middle of a long ride.
Did if fail from constant wear or a past splice that came loose?
A little more information would certainly be helpful. Especially Kartu's opinion of how he thinks it happened.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Appears cut wires were repaired with just tape. This may have allowed bike to operate normally, but just short time. I would assume that other end of cut wiring to reconnect would also be similar bundle of red & black wires?

Hi everyone one..
Went on a solo long ride but while taking a turn bike lost all power... turn out that one wire was broken off...so i hot wired it and came back..
Can you show us which wire was broken off and how you hot wired it back?

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
So... it's looking like the wire was intentionally cut during a past mod, perhaps before Kartu became owner, and was repaired with nothing more than electrical tape? That's crazy considering that those wires are subject to the movement of the fork as well as any weather. If that was the case, then failure was all but inevitable.
I still worry about the wires under my passenger seat cowl that I had to cut to install my Yoshi fender eliminator years ago and those are shrink-wrapped and zip-tied down. LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts