Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Kartu, just curious....
What year is your CBR?
ABS or not?
Do you have any ideas on what may have caused the break? Simple wear or something else?
This forum has been great over the years in revealing and identifying what are now "known issues" with the CBR.
Never heard of this one, but since I own a 2011 if it's some newly discovered wear issue, I'd like to be able to be on the lookout for it.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
I'm a little confused how a wire that caused his bike to stop functioning was "cut" in the middle of a long ride.
Did if fail from constant wear or a past splice that came loose?
A little more information would certainly be helpful. Especially Kartu's opinion of how he thinks it happened.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
So... it's looking like the wire was intentionally cut during a past mod, perhaps before Kartu became owner, and was repaired with nothing more than electrical tape? That's crazy considering that those wires are subject to the movement of the fork as well as any weather. If that was the case, then failure was all but inevitable.
I still worry about the wires under my passenger seat cowl that I had to cut to install my Yoshi fender eliminator years ago and those are shrink-wrapped and zip-tied down. LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts