Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

Okay, so my Honda Powerhouse dealership tells me that the CBR250 that I put my deposit on is coming in either later this week or early next week. Yesterday, the sales girl tells me over the phone that one of them is ABS-equipped and would I prefer that one? I say yes and she switches my deposit to that bike.

But I have qualms about all of this because I'm moving to Austin next month and I REALLY don't want to be one of those idiots who stupidly believes whatever the dealer tells him, like a dog with his tongue hanging out.

And given that the deposit I put down is $500, that is quite a bit of change, at least to me.

So I am freaking out because I don't want to lose out and move before the thing comes in.

What I want to know, I guess, is how confident should I be in what they tell me?

Madd-Trapper was kind enough to call the same dealer and ask about CBR's, and they told him that there are 2 coming in next week, but they have deposits on them (one of them is mine), and that they are both NON-ABS!! So what the heck? Was I lied to, or do they honestly don't know what they are doing?

(Thanks, madd-trapper, for your help btw!).

Now, while all of this is going on, I have another dealer tell me that they have a 2011 Ninja 250r coming in this week or early next week (gee, sound familiar?), and I'm tempted on putting a deposit on that, too, and just go with whatever comes in first. . .

Can someone tell me what makes the CBR250 so much better than the Ninja?

I'd appreciate any ideas or advice.

Thanks!!

:eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heres one for ya the CBR250 is quicker than the ninja with a high top speed, and its something not everyone has, because everyone has a ninja but everyone has a cbr250r ;)

·
Registered
928 Posts
No problem. Why is it better, fuel injection, more low end torgue and too me more comfy. Sat on a new Ninja 250, it is a nice bike. Road the older style, no low end power. When you get over 7000 rpm on the CBR in 1st thru 3rd its a little rocket.
By the way Dupage Honda took a 500 deposit for mine but they told me if for whatever reason I could walk away and get my money back no problem.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You should be able to get your deposit back since your not locked into a deal yet. I wouldnt worry about it too much. All the dealerships here in Cali are having a hard time gettin their shipments in also. Jeana also said the her state up in Wa is also have a hard time with incoming shipments.

In any case, hit youtube and tybe cbr250r vs ninja250r ,and you'll get a lot of videos doing similar comparisons from some reputable companies.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I put down my deposit a couple of weeks ago ($500 too) and I'm waiting patiently. The bikes are just hard to get right now. They're new and highly sought after. The dealer here had a red one for a few days. I went in to take a look at it on a Saturday morning. By the time I came back to put my deposit down on a black one a couple of hours later, it was sold.

P.S. You're going to love Austin. The riding there is going to be awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts