Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my bike outside my appartment last night and came out to find the top of my left shock removed.

I'm checking the assembly diagram to see if any parts are missing.

This didn't just come undone since there are some significant tool marks that have appeared.

My question is what were they thinking? Were they just undoing random parts or do you think there is some end-goal in mind?

(I've had people undo bolts on my bicycle that couldn't have helped them steal anything so maybe the crack-heads here just aren't very bright.)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Don't waste your time trying to understand crazy.. At one time I owned a Yamaha Seca 400 that I outfitted with a factory cafe fairing and windshield. I left work one day and hit the highway home. As soon as I got near the speed limit the fairing started oscillating and flapping in the wind. I pulled to the break down lane and discovered that someone had removed every one of the attachment bolts (all of which which I had used Loctite on.) The fairing was completely unattached and could have come off at speed causing serious injury to me or others.
Since my bike had obviously been vandalized I reported it to the local police, but the investigation never went anywhere. Although we did find all 6 bolts strewn around the area I had parked my bike.
There's no way to figure out the motivations of vandals and trying to only makes the vandalism seem worse and more personal (which it's not.)
Be grateful it wasn't an expensive fix or a safety feature he tampered with, get an audible alarm or one with phone alerts if you're concerned about a repeat incident, but don't waste another second wondering why nasty people do nasty things. Some people are just jerks.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Odd part to vandalize for sure. Not possible to remove without tools.

Interesting that they left you the fork cap. Is that how you found it?

Doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Odd part to vandalize for sure. Not possible to remove without tools.

Interesting that they left you the fork cap. Is that how you found it?

Doesn't make any sense.
The cap was left on the tank.

I'm right there with you.

I live in area where property theft is high and I regularly see questionable characters wandering around with tools.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't waste your time trying to understand crazy.. At one time I owned a Yamaha Seca 400 that I outfitted with a factory cafe fairing and windshield. I left work one day and hit the highway home. As soon as I got near the speed limit the fairing started oscillating and flapping in the wind. I pulled to the break down lane and discovered that someone had removed every one of the attachment bolts (all of which which I had used Loctite on.) The fairing was completely unattached and could have come off at speed causing serious injury to me or others.
Since my bike had obviously been vandalized I reported it to the local police, but the investigation never went anywhere. Although we did find all 6 bolts strewn around the area I had parked my bike.
There's no way to figure out the motivations of vandals and trying to only makes the vandalism seem worse and more personal (which it's not.)
Be grateful it wasn't an expensive fix or a safety feature he tampered with, get an audible alarm or one with phone alerts if you're concerned about a repeat incident, but don't waste another second wondering why nasty people do nasty things. Some people are just jerks.
That sucks about you fairings.

I'm very thankful I didn't need to order any parts.

An alarm is something I'll be looking into now.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I know it's tough to own a motorcycle when you live in an apartment, but if an $85 Xena disc lock with an audible alarm is all you need to prevent something like that from happening again it's money well spent.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Some people are just broken. I parked my track tow vehicle (Corolla wagon) on street to take ferry to S.F. Didn't realize until days later when loading up trailer that someone had removed pin from my trailer-hitch. That wouldn't been nasty spill on highway if it came off at speed!

eeediots!!!

BTW, Xena alarm's good idea! I put it on bike whenever it's on trailer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts