Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic will probably be as well-received as one touting Jerry Sandusky's mentoring skills - HOWEVER...

I know there's an underground current flowing here and on other sites to get free copies of the CBR250R and other service manuals.

I bought mine (actually bought the Common Service Manual as well) and I don't regret it for a second - solid-bound book, clear, concise instructions, lots of diagrams, torque specs, exactly what you need to do anything on the bike that you are comfortable doing. Yeah, it costs more than this month's copy of MotorCyclist, but it more than paid for itself in saved time, parts, and frustation when I tore the front of the bike down.

Besides, I'm against stealing - and when you copy someone's work without paying, that's what you're doing. Sugar-coat it all you want, but if you wrote a book and more people stole it than bought it, you'd be pissed.

And I'm saying this after paying $2.00 for a 10-cent piece of plastic at the dealership last week, so don't accuse me of being in cahoots with the 1%.

Anyways, my two cents on the issue. Steal it if you want, but don't be surprised when the day comes that Honda says "dealers only" and the prices is doubled. And definitely don't be surprised if they pull an RAA on you and expect you to cough up a couple of thousand because you made copies for all of your friends.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I plan on buying one this spring myself...but don't think i wouldn't cancel if a free actually usable version appeared online...i don't condone nor like stealing or thieves either..but I am not a hypocrite nor a saint..there is a whole giant list of things and sins way worse than downloading a copied service manual...just my 2 cents

·
Registered
220 Posts
When Honda (India) do not make the manual available over the counter like any other spare (and I have to waste my time making spares and sourcing stuff from other bikes that might fit because Honda does not see it necessary to even stock up parts for the bike they sell), I have no problems at all in sharing it if I see it on the net or anywhere.

Why should I HAVE to go to the dealer for minor work which I can carry out myself if I had the shop manual that Honda will not sell me? Is Honda scared that I will use it to set up a company manufacturing 250R clones? While I'd much rather buy legit stuff , from music to software, once somebody gives attitude about selling stuff that should be readily available or does not provide the service they are supposed to (after buying legit stuff), they, or anybody else, need not expect me to recognise their "rights".

When the time comes that I can BILL them for time spent making/sourcing their consumables/parts they do not have in stock for several months, I'll consider BUYING the manual

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If ppl cant read the owners manual, I dont like the chances of them reading a bigger book on here haha.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
stealing or sharing ?
personally plan to buy the original mint crispy copy from Honda...but if some one copies it or has a copy , who cares ? lets you know who they are :)

btw-the internet was made to share information for free :)
copyright laws are stupid !!:mad:

personally , don't support bootleggers !!!

....just my 2squiddyc's

·
Registered
706 Posts
The copied one that I saw wasn't even worth using hahaha. I'll probably purchase a service manual at some point. Then again I think my local dealer would be nice enough to share with me if I needed to look at it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dealer was going to charge me close to $400us(his figure) and helm with postage was over $200, personally thats a fucking joke. Completely understand why people use a copy, but as posted earlier the copies i've seen aren't worth a pinch of sh*t.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts