Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
Well I picked up my bike on Monday after work and so far we've had nothing but rain here. So my first take on the bike will be a rain report.

First off - WOW!
Because the bike is so light and agile this machine for me is great in the rain. I am always a bit worried when trying to slow down or stop when riding in the rain. Yet because the bike is so light the fear left me very quick. Stopping was a breeze.

I haven't been able to find out what the top speed is yet. Last night I went for a ride in a strong wind head on and was still able to quickly get the speed up to 142km before I had to back off. I had a transport truck coming in the other direction and was extremely impressed of the handling of the bike when it passed me. I was still going 125km and didn't feel any cross wind from the truck at all. In the past on small bikes I would have to brace myself for oncoming transports. Not now or at least not last night.

In the manual for gear changes it states that you should switch from 5th to 6th at 60km. This for me just doesn't work. 3rd at 5k had me at 60km.
6th gear I would be chugging along hoping it would move up in revs. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Now all I need is a nice sunny day so I can fully appreciate this well built bike. I'll let you all know how it goes it the next few days. I have a 600km round trip planned for this weekend attending the Canadian Superbike Testing Track day at Calabogie. Should be lots of fun!

Ride Safe Everyone!

·
281 Posts
Ou8, I think those gear change recommendations are way conservative! No worries shifting later. In my experience on my demo ride, sixth seemed like a gear for level cruising once you have reached desired speed...and to achieve best mileage...but not if you are lugging and working the engine too hard. Ideally , you almost always want to be in a gear which allows you to accelerate ...sometimes acceleration is your best defensive mode.....

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey Everyone,
Well I picked up my bike on Monday after work and so far we've had nothing but rain here. So my first take on the bike will be a rain report.

First off - WOW!
Because the bike is so light and agile this machine for me is great in the rain. I am always a bit worried when trying to slow down or stop when riding in the rain. Yet because the bike is so light the fear left me very quick. Stopping was a breeze.

I haven't been able to find out what the top speed is yet. Last night I went for a ride in a strong wind head on and was still able to quickly get the speed up to 142km before I had to back off. I had a transport truck coming in the other direction and was extremely impressed of the handling of the bike when it passed me. I was still going 125km and didn't feel any cross wind from the truck at all. In the past on small bikes I would have to brace myself for oncoming transports. Not now or at least not last night.

In the manual for gear changes it states that you should switch from 5th to 6th at 60km. This for me just doesn't work. 3rd at 5k had me at 60km.
6th gear I would be chugging along hoping it would move up in revs. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Now all I need is a nice sunny day so I can fully appreciate this well built bike. I'll let you all know how it goes it the next few days. I have a 600km round trip planned for this weekend attending the Canadian Superbike Testing Track day at Calabogie. Should be lots of fun!

Ride Safe Everyone!
Thanks for the report! Looking forward to hearing about your 600km trip to Calabogie at the end of the weekend. :)

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts