Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wondering about the different between the bikes being manufactured out of India compared to the bikes being made out of Thailand. A few picks I have seen show the build qualitly of the bikes in India seem to have been compromised likely due to making the bikes more affrordable there.

Anyone else picked up on this? I think its important to know, specifically when reading reviews.

I guess unless the 2 bikes where together it would be hard to review 1 against the other.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have been wondering about the different between the bikes being manufactured out of India compared to the bikes being made out of Thailand. A few picks I have seen show the build qualitly of the bikes in India seem to have been compromised likely due to making the bikes more affrordable there.

Anyone else picked up on this? I think its important to know, specifically when reading reviews.

I guess unless the 2 bikes where together it would be hard to review 1 against the other.
As far as the plastics go...I think yes!

·
281 Posts
It seems some reviews for overseas have indicated the use of Continental tires while others are seeing IRC brand. Other than that, I would venture to guess the bikes are identical...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems some reviews for overseas have indicated the use of Continental tires while others are seeing IRC brand. Other than that, I would venture to guess the bikes are identical...

My understanding is that this is not the case (although I must admit I havnt seen a bike made in India) Some pics I have seen online show quite a different "Build quality" in some of the major components....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Seems like India got better tires than the Thai bikes, Thai IRC's are known to be slippery. Although I've never had a problem with them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bumpin this up. Maybe we can figure out about the electrical issue that randomly cuts out that people are having if its Thai or India or perhaps other things different or in common if any.

My 2012 Tri Color is Thai Honda and bought in the US at a dealership. Has IRC Tires

·
Registered
385 Posts
Manufacturing quality control.

·
Registered
119 Posts
MC41 vs MC42 engine. The engine made in India is tuned for higher fuel economy, at the expense of some torque, if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
256 Posts
i am pretty active on Indian forum for cbr thread and to be true not really any random shut down issue. you can get your incline sensor checked else just a choked injector or faulty fuel pump.

random shutdown is not really an issue with Indian cbr's.
and yes Indian made i assume are detuned to 25hp compared to 26 for better mpg.
the tyres are continentals and are horrible compared to IRC's
the non-abs model has bybre setup( 2 pot) compared to nissin 3 pot setup.

rest seems to be fine or similar.
1st set or initial batches had quality issues back in 2011 and also had a shim recall by Honda from the same batch..

from 2012 no quality issues whatsoever however again a recall for replacing the entire front brake assembly for Non-Abs models.

Indianmade bikes still do 150+/ 90-95mph which is similar to what motorcycle USA stated.

also heard that US models are more accurate on speedo.
Asian/indian version run 7%+ speedo errors. (heard)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts