Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys from India,

It seems that the Indian version of CBR 250 R might be slightly under powered!!

I have tried a few times but it's difficult to take the bike to more than 125 kph in 5th gear. The top speed I have reached till now is 135 kph in 6th gear. I have done 2600 kms and my 2nd service is over.

May be it needs more time in 5th/6th gear to reach higher. But I have seen onboard videos where riders have taken it to 140kph in 5th gear itself and that too quite fast. But these were from riders outside India.

So, question is: Is the Indian version under powered? What is the top speed you have achieved and how quickly in 5th & 6th gears?

Please give a confirmed and correct answer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I remember reading something, maybe on this forum, that there are 2 different engines mc41 and mc42.
From memory the mc42 is the Indian one made in India for Indian use. This engine is meant to be tuned for fuel economy more than the mc41 wich is made in Thailand for the rest of the world....I think.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Bit over 10,000 rpm in 6th.. indicates 167 std gearing.
Someone in the geaaring thread says he gets 10500.

·
Registered
167 Posts
indian version can reach easily 150kmph and after that top
gear pull is poor,as it has 1.8bhp less.
Thailand-26.8bhp
india-25bhp

mine is an
indian mc42 bike,i have reached 130kmph just in 4rth gear(redlining)...
Ran out of road.
My friend reached 145kmph at 5th when he had a fair straight.
Both non abs bikes-taken 26th and 29th december 2011

·
Registered
7 Posts
indian version can reach easily 150kmph and after that top
gear pull is poor,as it has 1.8bhp less.
Thailand-26.8bhp
india-25bhp

mine is an
indian mc42 bike,i have reached 130kmph just in 4rth gear(redlining)...
Ran out of road.
My friend reached 145kmph at 5th when he had a fair straight.
Both non abs bikes-taken 26th and 29th december 2011
Hi. Nice to be in touch here. I am planning to buy one now. But this buzz of a new remapped more powered and faster model (other than tricolor) is holding me back.
Do u have any info regarding this? I don't mind waiting.
Cheers :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi guys from India,

It seems that the Indian version of CBR 250 R might be slightly under powered!!

I have tried a few times but it's difficult to take the bike to more than 125 kph in 5th gear. The top speed I have reached till now is 135 kph in 6th gear. I have done 2600 kms and my 2nd service is over.

May be it needs more time in 5th/6th gear to reach higher. But I have seen onboard videos where riders have taken it to 140kph in 5th gear itself and that too quite fast. But these were from riders outside India.

So, question is: Is the Indian version under powered? What is the top speed you have achieved and how quickly in 5th & 6th gears?

Please give a confirmed and correct answer.
Where do you see yourself legally needing to be at greater than 135kph ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Moreover torque being the same, below 120 kmph or so both bikes may be the same. But I just don't want to end up buying a bike and witness the launch of an upgraded model in a 2-3-4 months time.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Moreover torque being the same, below 120 kmph or so both bikes may be the same. But I just don't want to end up buying a bike and witness the launch of an upgraded model in a 2-3-4 months time.
Unfortunately this is how the world works, you buy something and generally some number of months later there is an upgraded version out :p

Space rockets are exempt from this rule.

·
Registered
47 Posts
TOP Spped 165km(102mph)

well it is simple, how bike is runn in decides on overall performance.

cbr 250R can do over 140 KM(90mph). the one i went on did a 145 with ease.

the first 1000Km(621miles) and then bal 10000KM(6213miles) a steady raise in RPM. meaning first 1000km(621miles) upto 4-5K rpm. then every 1000km (621miles) raise by 1k rpm from above mentioned RPM numbers.:cool:

I have applied the same with Kawasaki 250 ninja 2011. it is very usefull i am getting a consistant 23kmpl(54mpg) and a range of 370+km(230 miles) on a tank full.:)

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
well it is simple, how bike is runn in decides on overall performance.

cbr 250R can do over 140 KM(90mph). the one i went on did a 145 with ease.

the first 1000Km(621miles) and then bal 10000KM(6213miles) a steady raise in RPM. meaning first 1000km(621miles) upto 4-5K rpm. then every 1000km (621miles) raise by 1k rpm from above mentioned RPM numbers...
True, how a new engine is broken in does affect it's performance, but what you're describing here is basically babying the motor, which is unlikely to give you good performance over the lifespan of the bike.

That's not how I would run in a new motor. After a few heat cycles, I start riding it like I stole it. It doesn't take long at all to seat the piston rings. Change the oil & filter after 100 miles, and never look back.

Another factor affecting performance, which I think has been overlooked in this thread, is the quality of the available fuel in various countries and locations throughout the world. This would account for the performance differences between the Thai built bikes, and the ones produced in India. Seems to me the Indian built CBR250R's would have been spec'd to accept a lower quality of fuel found in the countries that those Indian versions were sold in.

Yet another factor often overlooked when it comes to a particular bike's performance, is the ambient temp (as well as other weather factors). My bike was noticeable quicker yesterday in 45 F temps, compared to how it performs on a 85 - 95 F summer day.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The temperature really does make a difference. The air is denser the colder it gets, so your getting more air/fuel in the same size chamber.

Also the US speedo seems to be spot on, while the ones in India are 7-10% optimistic.

On my us model on a cool morning in a full tuck I can hit 94 on a straight. I've seen 100mph on the speedo on a downhill, but it was right on redline, so I don't think I'll be getting any more than that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hope you are filling Shell, as currently in India, they are the only good quality fuel you get in India. i own the cbr250r for 2 years, always topped 149 kmph whenever i had the chance, even with a pillion. I think U.S models are more tuned towards the lean side?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The temperature really does make a difference. The air is denser the colder it gets, so your getting more air/fuel in the same size chamber.

Also the US speedo seems to be spot on, while the ones in India are 7-10% optimistic.

On my us model on a cool morning in a full tuck I can hit 94 on a straight. I've seen 100mph on the speedo on a downhill, but it was right on redline, so I don't think I'll be getting any more than that.
Odd you say colder is better.

When I went out one day, It was like 25*F and I was riding into the mountains where it was about 10*. My bike was running so sluggish. It had like no acceleration. I mean it had enough, it was icy out but I could notice the bike didn't seem like it had that good of power in the freezing cold. ~150 mile ride and yeah it ran kinda crappy. Passing uphill is when I really noticed it.

But, When the temps are like 40-60*F I notice the bike runs at its peak performance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts