Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should my bike be worth?

Hello fellows riders.
Recently life changing events put me in a situation that I need to sell my bike. I'm not able to find the time to ride it much.
Info on the bike. I am the original owner, purchased off showroom floor with 1mile on the odo.
Bike is clean and mint.

State: Indiana 47454

2013 cbr250r Black
700 miles (current)
CF tank pad and fuel lid trim
Yoshimura SS exhaust
Soupy Performance lowering links (installed by Honda dealer, purchased by myself. Lowered 1.5in because I am short)
Raptor Adjustable kickstand

Always garage kept and up to date on maintenance.
@600miles I brought it in to the dealer for the first tune up. Have documents.

If it get sold, I will include the OE height links and oe kickstand.
Can be sold with or without yoshimura exhaust.

How much can I ask for the selling price?

MOD:
I apologize if I post this in the wrong forum, please move to appropriate forum if need be.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I would look at NADA and KBB for their prices, but also search Craigslist to see what's out there. Because there's now a 300, the 250 is going to be less desirable and cheaper.

That's just a guide though. Your aftermarket parts don't give you any return for the most part. Be sure to say you have the original parts as well. I hate buying a bike with aftermarket parts unless the original ones are included.

Some bikes aren't going to hold the "Blue Book" price. We bought a 2009 Ninja 500R with 2400 mi recently for my youngest boy. Book value was $3000 +. We paid $2000, and that's about the going rate. This bike was purchased "new" (0 mi) as a leftover in 2011 for $3500 out the door. That was less than "Blue Book" for a used one at the time.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Sell the bike as stock and the farkles separately.

Emphasize that the shop did the 600 mile maintenance.

Personally, I cut back on what a bike is worth if it has been modified, figuring that I am going to have to undo the work and check other things the owner may have mucked up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I do plan to return it to fully factory form. With the exception of the tank pads, will leave it on.. Everything else will get remove and OEM put back.

Yes, southern Indiana. Paoli to be exact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts