• No; once a rider, always a rider

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • For now; but don't give up your passion forever

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Glad to hear you made it out without serious injuries!

I wouldn't try to fix bike, it most likely has bent frame. Don't let them low-ball your settlement, take them to cleaners!

Then take break from riding for bit. Eventually you'll see bike that catches your fancy. Then you'll know you're ready to get back on.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah! He with the most money and power wins!

About decade ago, my sister-in-law was rear-ended at stop-light by new police-chief of her town. Car was totaled, she had severe injuries, missed several months of work. Initially at scene, he said to call their office and she'd be taken care of. When she did, guess what happened? Nothing!

Their insurance wouldn't pay for her car or medical bills. No govt office would even listen to her, nowhere to file any kind of complaint. She tried getting personal-injury attourney to help. None of them would take case after hearing it was the police-chief involved.

Guy that ran red-light and killed my brother didn't even get so much as traffic-citation! Police-report claimed my brother was one that ran red-light, even though numerous eye-witnesses claimed otherwise and his helmet-cam showed green light for him.

Whoever thinks that life should be fair is an idiot! Having ridden for 37-yrs and never getting hit, I suspect my pessimistic they're-out-to-get-you attitude has helped keep me safe. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts