Votes: 3 33.3%
  • For now; but don't give up your passion forever

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
245 Posts
So, after owning my 2011 CBR for nearly 10 years, it finally happened. I was on my way home from work and had reached my housing subdivision. While waiting for traffic to clear so I could turn left, I was rear-ended by a motorist who was not paying attention, and insisted he "Did not see me.".

Turn signal on, brake light on, reflective jacket, reflective helmet, stopped for a good 10 seconds. Sun behind us, flat road, sunny, light traffic. No excuse.

I was thrown backwards onto his hood, shattering his windshield, deploying his airbag, and caving in the front of his roof. He was traveling approximately 50mph and had no indication he tried to stop or slow down. I was wearing full gear as I do for every ride, and was thrown 144 feet down the road where I came to rest between my fallen steed and his vehicle. I emerged with no injuries (ER confirmed), and only neck/back muscle pain. In fact, I was in such good shape, I'm sure the insurance company is flagging the report as too extreme to be true.

I'm meeting the adjuster this morning, and I'm 100% sure the bike will be totaled. The bike fared relatively well considering. I am going to attempt to save the bike as she deserves as much, although this obviously hinges on how much I can purchase it back for from the insurance company.

I am also unsure as to my riding future. I've gotten many trouble-free and accident-free years of riding, and enjoyed all of it. I've now survived a near-unsurvivable accident, with no injuries. I do not have children, but have a wife with a chronic condition that requires my attention and help, from now until the end of our lives. I had been contemplating stopping riding well before this due to that fact, but could not bring myself to sell the bike that had served me as well as it had. This is probably the tipping point to shift my decisions for the later part of life. As much as I enjoy riding, this like other things in life, will shift and change as we move through it.

I will still be a part of this forum and will be dropping in from time to time. But it will likely be years before my leg swings over another bike; probably when I'm too old to care anymore. :)

Everyone be safe. Realize no one sees or cares about you out there. Keep your head on a swivel, but know there are some situations you cannot account for and must always be prepared for. ATG, ATT = All the gear, ALL the time.

Just for funzies, there's a poll to see what side of the fence people sway on (or sit in the middle of). :)

Many thanks to many members of this forum; many of whom have not been online for a couple of years. Many have likely moved on to other bikes and forums. Shisoshin, live_to_ride, MotoMike, TrueFaith, cbrdave, and many, many others.

Much love.

View attachment 44772
WOW, It is always good that the Goddess Of Fortune Of Luck pops up for a visit at the right time. I also received such a visit ...🤦‍♂️

I am missing an option in the survey: Get back to riding tomorrow, and then decide...? YES

When you fall off the horse, the first thing you do immediately afterwards is get on it again.
To separate the economic considerations regarding the repair of the motorcycle, and to deal with the emotional damage, rent a motorcycle tomorrow and go for a nice ride in your area.
Then you will also be free to make the other logical decisions.

Riding on motorcycle is dangerous, at least like other extreme hobbies, sometimes maybe more. Some of us will die from it. So why are we riding? This is a heavy question! I sometimes have retirement appeals, it's dangerous, on the other hand I live to do things I love ... I don't think there is an yes or no answer that is right for this dilemma.
Emotion like love cannot be explained in words (It is possible, but it will never be accurate).

·
Registered
245 Posts
I really like the idea of seat upholstery in custom sewing, special fabric, and maybe red stitching.
I also really like how the exhaust of the 500 looks on the 250, looks great !!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
One thing I don't like about the muffler is the moisture drain hole
This drain hole exists also in the exhaust of the 250. It is a hole in the fourth chamber (D).
I understand and know that NO noise coming out from this hole, because:
1. The hole diameter is about 3 millimeters.​
2. That hole is in chamber D.​
Rectangle Slope Handwriting Font Parallel

·
Registered
245 Posts
I do know that if I plug that hole, the noise goes away,
OK(y)
And yes, obviously airflow through that hole makes a certain noise, but that specific noise is absorbed by the background noise. If you have a sensitivity to that noise, you may close the hole with a tin screw, or a pop-rivet?
The function of that hole is to drain rainwater & condensation-water when the motorcycle is parked, and then either you park in an indoor place, or you buy an exhaust rain plug(LINK To Amazon) to close the exit of the exhaust (the PLUG Also prevents humidity from entering the pipe as it cools down and condensation).
Font Audio equipment Auto part Magenta Coil spring

1 - 4 of 4 Posts