Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a guy in my building, this is his first bike, Aprilia Tuono 1000 (no MSF course):

He's had it for year, rides primarily at night since he's so scared of it, this is his gear:

and nothing else except UNLACED work boots.

Been down 3 times already.

I see him leaving for a ride at 1am last night after coming home from bar, try to talk some sense into him, and he goes -

"I know, I'm very careful, HAVEN'T BEEN PAST 3rd GEAR".

WTF is wrong with people...

·
Registered
350 Posts
LOL... Darwin at its finest...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Under the direction of some bad advice I bought a vfr 800 2001 as my first bike . The more research I did the more I learned it was not a " beginner bike " I have since trained it in for a 2012 cbr 250 .

I would rather learn to ride as a posed to learning to hold on and go straight scared the whole time .

Since making the triad I feel much better about learning to ride .
When the time comes that I find myself wanting something bigger I will know that it's because I have become more skilled and confident .

·
Registered
431 Posts
Assuming that this isn't a troll post:

The man has no idea. He's one of those egotists who think they aren't real men if they can't immediately ride a large motorcycle, as if the skill should be innate to them.

Oh, and inform him that acceleration is GREATER in lower gears. He'd be safer changing up to 6th immediately and running real low RPMs. He also needs to be dressed appropriately in leather and a full face helmet, with gloves and boots.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Been down 3 times already.

I see him leaving for a ride at 1am last night after coming home from bar, try to talk some sense into him, and he goes -

"I know, I'm very careful, HAVEN'T BEEN PAST 3rd GEAR".

WTF is wrong with people...
Perhaps he's auditioning for that show "Jacka**".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sadly it's not a troll post lol - just got frustrated after seeing this guy again last night. I think he's getting married and his wife is making him get rid of it soon. Maybe he'll live to see Labor Day :p

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice looking bike, though...

I like the bike/gear combination: Sport/cruiser/motocross/clueless hiker hybrid...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a friend after many years finally let me ride his GSXR 1100. I got to 90 mph in second gear and got off the bike shaking. I believe it when he says he doesn't get out of third gear. I like to ride close to the power band. On a bike like that you will be breaking a whole lot of laws riding close to the power band in fourth!

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Get into trouble at redline in 4th! Redline in 1st is probably 140 kpm. My brother in laws GSXR 1000R can hit 162 kph in first gear!

·
Registered
261 Posts
What a spirited motorcyclist. His experience compares none! Shame!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Get into trouble at redline in 4th! Redline in 1st is probably 140 kpm. My brother in laws GSXR 1000R can hit 162 kph in first gear!
That's my point! I never thought about it too much but I wonder if all powerbands on various bikes are at redline. I like to run under the power band around 6000 on the 250. I feel more comfortable with my maneuverability options.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thread starter - You're quoting only one such person...come to India, you can see only one sensible rider in every district; and yes, people wearing riding gears are mocked & identified as posers, show off, racers & aliens from different planet :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thread starter - You're quoting only one such person...come to India, you can see only one sensible rider in every district; and yes, people wearing riding gears are mocked & identified as posers, show off, racers & aliens from different planet :D
Good to see people in a country that have confidence in their riding skills that they dont need to gear up like their getting in monster truck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts