Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to install the juicebox pro/power commander etc etc without removing the fuel tank?
When I had the shop do the valve adjustment they had quite the time removing the tank from what they told me.
Is this true?
it really is the deciding factor on whether or not I'd purchase one as I'd like to install it myself.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You don't need to remove it, but it makes it so much Easyer if you do otherwise you will need someone to hold the tank while you run the wires. Removing the tank is easy except for the fuel line that has a plastic clip ( same as modern efi cars). You will need someone to hold the tank anyway to remove the line because you need to push the line into the fitting before pressing the 2 tabs on the side to slide the line off. Once you have done it once & you know how to do it you will have no problem doing it again, it's easy.
There is a clip on YouTube on how to remove it if you need to recearch it first.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So removing the tank is a two person job anyway?
Is it easier to remove the tank or work around it? comparativly speaking.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
So removing the tank is a two person job anyway?
Is it easier to remove the tank or work around it? comparativly speaking.
You can do it alone but it's easier with 2, then there's no chance of dropping it. I drained the tank first but still got the wife to hold the tank just incase..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay. I will search the video and go from there. The tank can't weigh all that much with only a few gallons. I'll just wait until its empty I suppose.
How long was the total install?
The instructions provided for most of the tuner boxes are lack luster so I couldn't gauge a time based on a look over.
I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I installed the power commander v without removing the tank, I just unbolted the tank and propped it up with two duck tape rolls( one I'm front and one at the back) to give me the clearance I needed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
133 Posts
remove either the front 12mm bolt, or the 2 rear 10mm bolts...but leave either the front or rear bolt/s there but loosen them a bit.

this will prevent the tank from falling and you can jack/tilt the tank up with a can of corn if you are tilting the front up. The rear is harder to hold in place since theres not a good footing to put a can of corn.

needle nose vice grips work good to squeeze the locking clip, while you push then pull to remove the fuel line.The locking clip remains in place when you remove the fuel line. It doesnt come off with the fuel line. Remove the top clip to avoid spilling excessive fuel from the fuel line.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright. I would prefer to just leave the tank if I am able to.prop it up as others suggested.
I am going to wait until a bit to order one as I am unsure as to which one I would like.
The install is the same for all them right?
I was considering the Juicebox as I have ordered a 2bros exhaust but have not made a clear decision.
I do not have a motorcycle dyno in my area. The closest is about 7 hours away so do not need that capability.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive noticed almost all the installation is plug and play, and leaves no trace, except for the TPS, if I am not mistaken on the wire we have to splice.
Would a person know you had this installed if you were to have an issue and bring to a dealer for a warranty service.
I have the warranty until 2017, and would hate to have that voided by adding the engine controller, and not being able to remove all traces.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ive noticed almost all the installation is plug and play, and leaves no trace, except for the TPS, if I am not mistaken on the wire we have to splice.
Would a person know you had this installed if you were to have an issue and bring to a dealer for a warranty service.
I have the warranty until 2017, and would hate to have that voided by adding the engine controller, and not being able to remove all traces.

I have the power commander v and there is no splicing, everything is plug and play.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is your version the one that does not require a dyno? I do not live in an area that has a motorcycle dyno within reasonable distance.
I'm looking for strict plug and play so if anything goes wrong I can turn back to stock with no traces of anything been done.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess they all have a tap somewhere. I suppose I could always electrical tape the bundle to hide the wire after removal of the unit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The install seems doable with the tank leveraged upwards. I just plugged the pair valve with a bolt, 10mm as suggested, I stick the bolt part into the nipple, and then fed the hose back on, it was a fairly short bolt, so it shouldn't go into the valve mechanism. It took care of the popping for a little, and then it came back. Perhaps I need a larger bolt. It seemed pretty sung inside the tube....
Any ideas? I mean, it seems to have eliminated some of the popping, but not all.
I am venturing a guess that the fuel controller would eliminate the rest?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After some consideration, and the fact I don't have a dyno close by, I will just purchase the Juicebox, since it is the general consensus that the bike runs leans naturally anyway.
I don't need any special adjustments, just fuel added really.
I assume their preprogrammed map has more fine tuned adjustments anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts