Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took about ten minutes to install. This video was the night i installed it. Its very bright and clear and distinguishable at night. Even from down the block its highly visible. Dont have any pics of the daytime but will post some soon.

DMP INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT 2011 HONDA CBR250r - YouTube

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its bright enough to see from a block away in the afternoon. My friend rode it and i rode behind him. Bo problems visually. I was kinda worried it would be to light in the day but it actually works great. My blinker speed increased also

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I liked the stock one. My only issue was that i bought the p.o.s. fender eliminator from hotbodies, well scratch that. The actual eliminator is fine, the supplied turn signal bracket was absolute crap and had cracked beyond repair due to road vibrations. Instead of fabricating a bracket myself i found this tail light. One of my buddies has a dmp on his r1 and i was impressed with how well it performs noght and day. Im overall very pleased with it thus far.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree that the stock one is an eysore. But the reason i wont buy aftermarket is simply because i havent heard one that doesnt sound like a fart. I havent seen a fmf in person but from the youtube videos it sounds alot deeper in tone than others ive heard. The fmf is really the only one i would seriously consider

·
Registered
17 Posts
The taillight looks good, I'm glad I ordered it and can't wait to install it and take off the ugly stalk turn signals. As far as exhausts, I have the M4 street slayer carbon shorty exhaust, and it is the best sounding exhaust for our bike in my opinion. It's loud, but much more muscular sounding than any others.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Should have installed ballast resistors for the led lights

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put a dmp on mine too! What's the point of doing a fender eliminator if your going to keep those wack ass turn signals? haha. It's worth the money!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree that the stock one is an eysore. But the reason i wont buy aftermarket is simply because i havent heard one that doesnt sound like a fart. I havent seen a fmf in person but from the youtube videos it sounds alot deeper in tone than others ive heard. The fmf is really the only one i would seriously consider
I have the FMF on my bike and I am much more pleased with it than I would have been if I had the stock. When I was shopping for my 250, I went out to my local dealer and they had one of the red & silver 250's with stock exhaust and then they had my black one with the FMF carbon fiber exhaust on it. I had them start the red & silver one first to see what it sounded like and I wasn't very moved by it but then when they started mine, I knew it was for me. I ended up going back the next day to purchase it and I haven't regretted it yet.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Can you use this LED taillight without the turn signal function (brake only) or in combination with the stock turn signal stalks?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can you use this LED taillight without the turn signal function (brake only) or in combination with the stock turn signal stalks?
Yea you can use them in conjunction. Would probably require additional wiring though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So I went to amazon and searched these and it said that they were not DOT approved and for off road only. I did a little digging for my state to help out anyone near me.

Washington State RCW
RCW 46.37.200: Stop lamps and electric turn signals displayed.

" (2) Any vehicle may be equipped and when required under RCW 46.37.070(2) shall be equipped with electric turn signals which shall indicate an intention to turn by flashing lights showing to the front and rear of a vehicle or on a combination of vehicles on the side of the vehicle or combination toward which the turn is to be made. The lamps showing to the front shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and, when signaling, shall emit amber light: PROVIDED, That on any vehicle manufactured prior to January 1, 1969, the lamps showing to the front may emit white or amber light, or any shade of light between white and amber. The lamp showing to the rear shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable, and, when signaling, shall emit a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber. Turn signal lamps shall be visible from a distance of not less than five hundred feet to the front and rear in normal sunlight. Turn signal lamps may, but need not be, incorporated in other lamps on the vehicle."

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
California law is different of course. Thursday 2pm I was changing many lanes on the freeway to get to the car pool lane. During my fourth lane change I seen that the highway patrol was pulling me over. Traffic was moving about 75 mph. He got me going 80 mph in a 65 mph zone. He comes back to me after writing a ticket.

He said he's going to give me a break! He wrote me up for illegal turn signals! Yes DMP integrated! In calif. the signals have to be 9" apart. So friday I put the stock tail light on and put two after market blinkers I used before on.

I got the ticket signed off. The odd thing is the officer didn't even want to see if the blinkers worked! He didn't know the laws pertaining to the blinkers. I told him what the officer that wrote ticket told me.

Bottom line the ticket cost me less than an hour to fix, sign off and back to DMP mode!!!

DMP rocks I have had it on for 10,000+ miles

Randy

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I havent looked at our laws here in Texas, but I have had a few cops down here ask me what my bike was at stoplights, they never say anything about my tail light

1 - 20 of 23 Posts