Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Yoshi frame sliders today.
First attempt failed because I stuck removing fairings. Unscrewed 3 bolts and then stuck.
After that searched the web about removing fairings and found a good instruction: Remove Fairing

So this morning second attempt was successful. It took me about 40 minutes total to install

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are these bolt on, no drilling or cutting anything?

·
Registered
455 Posts
My install was a fail. I started on right side. Worked my way around bike removing each allen screw. Then i get to the final screw. Left side fairing. The wrench is too small.puzzled I Go up one size. Too big. Take a close look. The screw is stripped. Looks like its torqed sideways a bit. Any suggestions on getting a stripped screw out? My mountain bike buds said try a torq screwdriver of the same size and tap it in.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My install was a fail. I started on right side. Worked my way around bike removing each allen screw. Then i get to the final screw. Left side fairing. The wrench is too small.puzzled I Go up one size. Too big. Take a close look. The screw is stripped. Looks like its torqed sideways a bit. Any suggestions on getting a stripped screw out? My mountain bike buds said try a torq screwdriver of the same size and tap it in.
sounds about right..they also sell at home improvemenbt/auto parts stores a backwards drill bit (spiral is in opposite direction of a normal bit) put one of those in the screw head....put ur drill in reverse and let it rip..should unscrew the screw right out...also another method is to drill out the head a little bigger and deeper..buy a square punch...tap the punch into the hole then with a socket n wrench or pliers or vice grips ..unscrew counter clockwise- all cheap and tried n true methods

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
sounds about right..they also sell at home improvemenbt/auto parts stores a backwards drill bit (spiral is in opposite direction of a normal bit) put one of those in the screw head....put ur drill in reverse and let it rip..should unscrew the screw right out...also another method is to drill out the head a little bigger and deeper..buy a square punch...tap the punch into the hole then with a socket n wrench or pliers or vice grips ..unscrew counter clockwise- all cheap and tried n true methods
Ouch that sounds like such buffoonery.

I hope that 'backwards drill bit' you speak of is not simply an easyout?
They are to be used by accurately predrilling the stripped or broken stud/bolt in its centre..
then inserting the easyout winding anticlockwise with a small tap wrench handle. ... very carefully.

Especially on a 5mm bolt this job takes some precision and hand skills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts